We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,214 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Did any other fisher folks notice that the cost for a fishing license has gone down to $8.90/day?

Here's the current rates per Conaspesca:

$ 8.90 / day

$22.40 / week

$33.60 / month

$44.80 / year

Doesn't look like the charter companies have lowered their $14-15 fee for fishing licenses purchased through them. For those who can plan ahead, it might be worthwhile to purchase your fishing license ahead of time and then just take them with you to Cabo.

Matt buys a yearly license from Conaspesca each year since he usually fishes for two or three days each time he visits Cabo, which is usually two or more times per year.

Anyway, for those who are interested, here's a link to the Conapesca site where you can download the form to buy your fishing license: http://www.conapescasandiego.org/

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Thank you, I will purchase the annual and save me a bunch of money. More money to spend at RIP's, Happy Ending, Despatatoes, Hooliganzs', Gordo Leles' and more.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 15:53
Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

And a New tie.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

That's great news !! If they would just put the bait back where it usually is , Mijo could afford a new suit too...............LOL

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,214 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

I heard that with the annual license you get a free box of wine. ;)

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Does that come in a six-PAC......

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,759 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Oooohhhhh,

Dm....maybe I need to start fishing! :)))

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,214 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Glynnis, you can't catch boxes of wine in the ocean. :)

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

I always get mine through the following link - really easy and if you lose your licence you can always print off another - https//:www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca Also once you've registered, that's it - your details are held and when you want another licence all you have to do is put in your dates and pay for it.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 04:52
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

Sorry http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2012 Cost of Fishing Licenses Reduced

For anyone that cares to know: The money on that website never makes its way to Cabo, or Loreto, or La Paz or anywhere else.

Ever tried to purchase license in Cabo from direct from Pesca? Gets harder and harder to accomplish - Best way to purchase with least amount of hassle and time wasted is to buy from those dreaded license vendors - probably its also a side biz between the PESCA guy and people that sell them - including those sold TO the charter companies.

If you are really that hard pressed for a couple dollars then its totally understandable, otherwise that can be easily written off as another way of supporting all that is Cabo that you-all love - esp Destination Experts.

Chris