We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Wabo Cantina

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Wabo Cantina

My husband and I are planning our trip to Cabo for February. He wants to make a pit stop at Cabo Wabo for a shirt. Should we have dinner / cocktails and maybe catch a good band or is it a total tourist trap? . We have nice dinners planned for all of our evenings except one so I was thinking this might be a good casual option for us (though I think all the restaurants ,even the higher end ones may have a causal dress code) . We are in our early 40s and like to have fun but nothing crazy!!!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,318 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

I wouldn't eat there but we always stop for drinks. Try the Waborita. It is a big martini type drink and the price is the same as martinis anywhere else. We like the small outdoor courtyard in the afternoon where there is usually a 3 piece band and the big nightclub after 11 pm when the full band is there.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

Do not eat there, pretty mundane and pricey. We usually stop in the courtyard out back for a drink or two. Have dinner elsewhere and come back aroun 10pm or so, the bands are usually quite good.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

I'd have dinner at a place like Desperado's, or Pancho's, etc. and then walk over to Cabo Wabo. Do not buy Cabo Wabo Tequila anywhere in Cabo - it is tourist priced and you can probably get it as cheaply in the states, I know I have.

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

No dinner for me at Cabo Wabo, even the shirts are expensive, (although I do own own)

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

Thanks everyone! We will skip dinner. Is there a better night to go for live bands?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
486 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

They have a house band that plays every night.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
943 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

i have found friday nights to be the best followed by sat

8. Re: Cabo Wabo Cantina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:16