We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

we are staying at the Hilton in late september. Decided to use points for this trip, but it is a 50th birthday and anniversary trip for my husband and me. we want to leave the hotel a little and I am thinking an anniversary dinner at one of the luxury hotels. So trying to decide between Capella or Las Ventanas. Any suggestions on what has better atmosphere and better food? Or any other suggestions better than these? Thanks

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Best restaurant in the corridor -- actually all of Los Cabos, IMO -- is Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the Shoppes at Palmilla. Great, diverse menu of incredible food, beautifully presented. Best value is the 7-course chef's menu at 675 pesos. It's a "set" menu, but not really. They will allow you to substitute almost anything on the menu with no fuss. Chef/owner Manuel Arredondo trained at Michelin-starred restaurants in Italy and cooked the 75th and 80th birthday dinners for President George HW Bush. His wife Virny, is a hostess without peer, and headwaiter Salvador will make you feel like a lifelong friend.

It's the one place we MUST return to every time we visit Los Cabos!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Thanks for the advice!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Always happy to help another Dallas resident -- although my Dallas is in Oregon. Both named for the same U.S. vice president. Oregon's Dallas was actually founded first, but the Texas version grew much faster -- we are currently at 15,000 population. :-)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Something tells me your Dallas is a little cooler than my Dallas right now! BTW, how is the atmosphere at Manuels?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Very nice at Manuel's -- the people there really make you feel like a VIP. Salvador's mojitos and margaritas literally are works of art! Ask and he will show you how to make them at home.

As for the weather here in Dallas, OR -- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were all 97-99, 102 today and forecast is more of the same tomorrow. (Our annual average is 11 days of 90-plus days. Last year we had just one. Making up for it now!)

Edited: 17 August 2012, 02:23
Swansea, Illinois
Level Contributor
164 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

Are there any places within walking distance to the Hilton.

Maybe get a cocktail or tappas on the beach.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,751 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

The Hilton is not within walking distance to anything. It is a $20 $25 taxi to Cabo San Lucas or San Jose Del Cabo. The Hilton does not have a shuttle. You can take the bus for $2.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,425 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

MommyH63........... if you are a walker there is one place within walking distance of the Hilton. Its the Cabo Real Golf course restaurant. Its quite an uphill walk as the golf course is on the hill above the beachfront resorts and the course meanders down to the beach. Its a lovely setting with a nice view of the course and ocean if you want to make the daunting walk. You can take a short taxi ride there, maybe $7.

9. Re: Qhere to go for anniversary and birthday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:15