We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

We are staying at the Grand Mayan Resort in Los Cabos September 9-16. Any good suggestions on best way to get from airport to resort?

Also any ideas of where to stop and shop for food. Heard Mega is more pricey.

Any good activities to do around that area that dont cause you to drive into Cabo San Lucas? Best way to get out and see El Arco?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

We took taxi from the airport last year. About 200 pesos as I recall. Didn't find Mega all that spendy -- huge selection and we spent about $100 US (on Visa) for 2-week stay in San Jose. (Donuts will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth!) Good liquor/beer selection too.

We spent a lot of time enjoying the gorgeous pool complex at Grand Mayan (and private plunge pool on our balcony). We rarely go over to CSL -- so many excellnt restaurants and great shopping in SJ. We also take a taxi (120 pesos) to Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the Shoppes at Palmilla. IMO, th best restaurant in all of Los Cabos. Not too far behind, Meson del Angel and Habanero's in SJ.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,863 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

Grocery store price comparison: bajainsider.com/baja-life/general-informatio…

There are several 'best' ways to get to the Arch.

- sunrise view as your charter boat leaves the marina for a day of fishing and afternoon view as you return

- water taxi tour

- sunset cruise

- booze cruise

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

I'm considering booking for these EXACT dates. We are also considering getting a car as it's VERY inexpensive. Doing more research now on that actually. The car is only $37 a week (yes a week) but I am sure that doesn't count the cost of the insurance. Still trying to figure out how much that will be.

I read on some reviews that this hotel DOES offer a free shuttle TO the hotel, just not back to the airport.

Carlsbad
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

Thanks for all of your helpful hints so far! The countdown begins and getting excited.

OregonJohn your recommendations were awesome! It helps to hear from others that stay at the Grand Mayan. Any other tips would be appreciated :)

Any idea of how much money I should take for the week? what worked for you guys?

5. Re: Grand Mayan Resort/Airport Transport/Activities Sept 9th-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:16