We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel rides on the beach

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Camel rides on the beach

All these suggestions you have all put out sound wonderful and I know we will take up some of them. My question is has anyone done the truck and camel ride tour? I found it on a website and it sounds great. By the way if we wanted to hire a water taxi for a tour do we just approach one or do you have to go through a tour company. This is our first time in this area but have to been to Mexico in different area several times. Thanks. Wendy

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel rides on the beach

Hello fellow Canadian ! Not too many of us on here.......

I have not done the Camel tour but the reviews are great and I plan on it next year when my wife isn't pregnant. Here's the link in case you don't have it. cabo-adventures.com/tours/outback-and-camel-…

As far as water taxis , you will be swarmed by them when you are anywhere near the water. Walking around the Marina area , people will constantly ask you if you need one and if you're anywhere near Medano beach ( the main swimmable beach) all you do is walk up to one of them. You will love Cabo ! Have a great trip........Oh , and let us know how the Camel tour went once you have been there. Thanks !

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel rides on the beach

Camel ride looks like fun and we are going to be doing it next month. There are some good reviews of it here on TA. You can just ask any of the water taxi guys to take you around El Arco no tour co. needed. I haven't had one of the guys give me a tour in a few years so maybe someone else can give you an estimate on cost pp. If you book a snorkel or sunset/party cruise they almost all go by it. BTW there are many tour company's including Cabo adventures (the camel guys) that can save you 35-50% or 2 for 1 on meals and activities when purchasing the loscabos guide vouchers or the cabo passport card.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/discount.htm

http://www.loscabospassport.com/index.php

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel rides on the beach

Sorry , messed that up. Here it is....

cabo-adventures.com/tours/outback-and-camel-…

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel rides on the beach

As you havn't seen a water taxi here is a video as to How to get on a Panga "Water Taxi"

http://youtu.be/19YroPr1psI

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel rides on the beach

The water taxis are alot easier to get in and out of when at Medano Beach.That video is from in front of the Rui.

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camel rides on the beach

We did the camel tour last year and loved it. Family of 4, hubby, myself and

sons 23 and 18 at the time. They boys thought it would be lame but each of us get an activity that we want to do and everyone else has to suck it up and go.

Well we allllllll loved it. First you get on a troop transport vehicle and went to the desert. There we had a nature walk and leaned about the flowers and fauna in the desert. Next we went on the camels. Two people per camel and had a guide that walked on the beach. Short walk maybe 10 miinutes in all.

Photo ops with the camels and next off to lunch where you have authentic

mexican dishes. Yummy. Were explaimed how to make mesa for tortillas and

also had tequila tastings. Very fun and informative.

Altoona, Iowa
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camel rides on the beach

Some people we met on our last trip loved this excursion!

8. Re: Camel rides on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 03:19