We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

Anyone know a hotel or resort with a restaurant that serves vegan/vegetarian/ or raw food menu?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

That might be easier to find in San Jose then Cabo.

In Cabo there is California Ranch Market. Sort of like a small Trader Joe's with higher prices.

There are quite a few fresh juice places in town. Rico Suave is the name of one of them.

Fruit vendor right next to the Marde Cortez hotel is wonderful.

There is a place called Healthy Restaurant that I want to try. Has a portabella burger.

Inside the Siesta Suites Hotel is Salvatores and they have a Pasta Aoili that is vegan and great salads.

Romeo y Julieta has Spaghetti Broccoli

Desperado's will make you nachos without meat and cheese. They have good salsa and I know that vegans love good salsa. :-)

There is a farmers market/cafe in the Pedregal. I think it is 2 days a week and has organic produce.

In San Jose Flora Farm is awesomely beautiful. We drove there but it was just to pricey for us but lots of people love it and what a neat place. In the middle of nowhere it seems and then you come across this oasis. I want to go back during the day just to walk around the gardens.

Hope this helps a little.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,181 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

I would not count on finding that specifically at any hotel or resort restaurant. I think you'd need to get creative and put something together yourself (as above). Or get a place with a kitchenette and shop and cook for yourself.

suze

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,050 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

This is a time when the TripAdvisor search bar is great! Put 'vegan' in the search bar in the far upper right for reviews & forum threads with that word.

Here is June 2012 review from someone who stayed at Playa Grande and dined vegan all week: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g152515-d225…

And here is one from the Hilton: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g152516-d225… March 2011

Several restaurant reviews include the word 'vegan.'

Note that you can walk from Playa Grande to some great restaurants and you can't walk anywhere from the Hilton.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

I'm vegetarian (mostly vegan) and manage to eat very well while in Cabo ;) Most restaurants will have options for you. La Roca at Grand Solmar always has a vegetarian or vegan lunch/dinner option that is scrumptious, and the view/atmosphere is to die for sitting right above the beach with the waves breaking so close. Lots of salads on many menus, and vegetarian sushi is available city-wide. Tooley has some great ideas, awesome!

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

Speaking of the California Ranch Market by Capella/Pedregal, there is a juice bar being put in. I did ask (remember a recent question on TA) about green blended beverages etc and was told yes ... I couldn't get a confirmation date on when it would be open.

They have a coconut butter (like butter but not) in the fridge section I have been tempted to try ...

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

Coconut anything is the newest craze around here. Always something new to try that is better then the last.....jajaja. I bet the coconut butter is good. Yum.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

This hotel is right outside of downtown Cabo. Next to the entrance of Riu Palace & Riu Santa Fe.

translate.google.com/translate…

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

Tooley,

Mr IHT loves coconut so I use coconut butter in place of oil for a cinnamon-lentil muffin recipe that really - i promise you, one of the best muffins ever (anti-coconut people could use applesauce)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

I pm'ed you for the recipe. I know I will love them!

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel with vegan and/or raw food restauirant

PM'd you back! :)