We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

You should be ashamed of you personnel in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

We rented a car, but "the lady" forgot to write it down... at the next morning when we went to pick up our rental, there was no record of our call! The WORSE is that they didn't accept their responsibility because there was no record... OF COURSE there was no record!! That was the whole problem!!! The incompetence of your personnel in San Lucas. We called at 3pm Sunday 21st Oct, from Solmar hotel. We LOST our whole morning (of only 3 mornings).

Thanks Alamos

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

Sounds pretty incompetent to me.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

We've been renting from them for years. We always book before we go to Cabo and we bring our reservation receipt with us.

Sorry your booking was lost. That stinks. But, I can't say that I'd warn people away because this is the first time I've heard anyone complain. It is obviously a one-off. Not that it will make you feel any better about what happened to you, though. :(

Edited: 29 October 2012, 03:08
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

Not ever a good sign when your Blood Pressure rises 150 points at the start of your vacation caused by a Rental Car Company. I'd Taxi....

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

Sorry to hear adout what happened. However, that hasn't been me experience- I've rented from them 4 times.

Nevertheless, they should have done something to help make it right.

redmond, wa
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

I've rented at the Alamo location at the airport for many years and it's always been a pleasure !

6. Re: Dont rent from ALAMO car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:16