We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Palmilla

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Palmilla

I have heard that Play Palmilla is a beautiful beach and for the family to go and away from the vendors. Can anyone give me some information about this beach and on how the best way to get there.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,766 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Palmilla

The best way to get there is to drive yourself. You can park next to the beach. Without a rental car, I'm sure a taxi driver would take you. Expect to pay $$$. The public bus is the cheapest, but then you'd have to walk all the way down from the highway.

Here is the wikimapia view of Playa Palmilla: wikimapia.org/…h You can see the highway to the left. I'd guess it's about 1/2 mile.

Here is the FlashEarth map: flashearth.com/… You can see the permanent palapas and the pangas dragged up on to the beach.

When I visited Playa Palmilla, there was a lifeguard on duty. I think that's the only one I've ever seen in Los Cabos. The other 'amenity', if you want to call it that, are the fishing fleets of pangas. And there was one port-a-potty.

Here is the Playa Palmilla review page: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d1… but there are lots of TA members who seem to think that "Playa" means "golf course." Sigh. Just read the relevant reviews.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Palmilla

Thank you for the information. I was wondering when I was reading the reviews that most of them were about golf here. Like you said playa and golf? Made me have a laught. I thought this could be a good day trip with the family howver it might not be the eaiest to get to..

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,766 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Palmilla

From PBSB, nice day trip with a family, in December .... How about renting a car from Avis (on site) and driving yourselves to Cerritos Beach? I don't know what the water conditions are like in December, but it's a great place to spend a day. There are boogy board rentals as well as surf lessons, a restaurant with an outdoor shower, bathrooms, and lots & lots of sand.

Renting from Avis at PBSB is kind of expensive, but it's so convenient; the location is KB5 and you can reserve in advance for a better price. Use your 24 hour one-day to its fullest ... maybe stock up at a grocery store, drive to a restaurant for dinner, visit the dogs & cats at the Humane Society, or whatever else you need.

Other ideas ... Playa Santa Maria is pretty easy to access and has few vendors, but it's a long walk to the beach from the highway where the bus drops you off. I think Playa Chileno is a much shorter walk, but this is the most popular snorkeling beach. (Climb over the rocks to the beach furthest southwest for more solitude.) wikimapia.org/…h

4. Re: Playa Palmilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:16