We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

I know how great food and bars are in Cabo but we'd still like to do either an all inclusive OR free food drink (never heard of that but read it on this forum). We are foodies and drinkies and want to be able to enjoy this without worrying about paying every time and we would like to be able to go into town. We were thinking of RIU palace but would consider other places.

We want a huge pool and nice one.

Food and drinks (high quality) included for all/most part of our stay.

We are two adults in early 40s and would be great with adult only resort too; I know riu isn't, but can handle music and such.

Although we don't mind spending more, we don't want to spend 500 - 600 a night plus really expensive hotel/resort food and drink.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,449 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

I would look at the RIU Palace in Cabo, also the lovely PB Pacifica which is an adults only resort. The pacifica is probably your best bet.

Another option that might make you happy is the really nice PB Sunset Beach. All suites are ocean front and very nice. They have 6 pools including an adults only pool, a very lovely main pool by the beach, and a really neat Sky pool, great for watching the sun set. The PB Sunset beach has a Top rated la Frida restaurant on site with excellent food. (The La Frida has a limited menu for the AI people) You also have the option of drinking and dining free at the PB 2 sister resorts in town that are accessed via the free shuttle .

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

I think I'd agree with Rocky.........they seem to be the places that best fit your requirements.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

Wow; never thought of the other two places. If you had to choose one....doesn't matter about cost, which would you choose?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

I am confused with all the PB - the pacifica is not the Monte...(something or other) is it? I thought some were owned privately are they not? Can those people get/buy free food and drink too? The PB sunset beach looks nice too; I'll have to read the reviews here.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

I read reviews; the bugs have me worried. Bugs and me don't go well together. Plus, very far from town three figure cab ride it says. Other than Frida which may not be all included in the AI package, pple are saying the food was OK.

California
Level Contributor
464 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

The best food is in town. PBSB has a free shuttle to the sister resort on Madano beach From there you walk to town. Every pool has a swim up bar the food is great there.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,542 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

Pueblo Bonito has five resort properties. The Pacifica is AI and adult only. It's quiet and very zen. Nearby is the PB Sunset Beach. It has lots of buildings and each suite has a pretty good view over the Pacific. There are five pools including an adult only one. There is an AI option. Above the Sunset Beach are homes / villas called Montecristo.

Over on Medano Beach there are two more PB properties. The Rose is larger and has one big pool. The oldest and smallest of the PB properties is the PB Los Cabos, fondly called the Blanco because it's white. Both the Rose and the Blanco have an AI option.

Map: wikimapia.org/…50 The Pacifica and the PBSB are in the lower left. The Rose & Blanco are on Medano Beach; you may need to zoom in to see them.

Here is a map with a newer satellite photo: flashearth.com/… You can see Montecristo above PBSB.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,449 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

The PB Pacifica is not the Montecristo. Bugs are usually not an issue in Cabo with the exception of some mosquitos in the summer and early fall during the hot months.

There was a very unusual hatch of moths a while back. They dont bite and were gone as quickly as they appeared. The winter and spring months are usually bug free.

Transportation is free from the PB Pacifica and PB Sunset Beach resorts to PB resorts in town via the shuttle.

The RIU Taxi to town would only cost about $6 to $12 depending where in town you want to go.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

And just to answer another question, itry, I don't know of any place that is a 3 digit cab ride into town, unless of course the price is in pesos.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,751 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Specific look fors for first timer - need resort recs

Itry,

Folks sometimes talk about pesos as Eljefe pointed out. If so 120 is about 10 dollars:)