We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

This forum was REALLY helpful to us as we planned our week in Cabo I thought that I would share our experience in this Trip Report.

We arrived in the new wing of the airport (for the past two years it didn’t seem that it would ever be finished). Very smooth getting through – however a ridiculous amount of moths have taken up residence on the big glass windows which was wild and kind of creepy. We were just happy to be there so thought of it as a happy greeting.

We used Cilento Lindo for transportation for the first time and will always use them in the future. Thanks for that tip for sure! We were off with our Coronas in no time!

We are owners at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and had a Presidential suite near the main pool (building 32). We didn’t so AI as we wanted to enjoy the restaurants in town. I’ll try to post a review on their TA page, but feel free to PM me with any questions that you have.

We’re from Denver so it was critical that we could be in front of a TV in time for the Broncos to defeat the Ravens. So we had snacks and drinks at the bar by the pool. Food was average and the game was worse.

We decided to try Where in Cabo for our grocery (tequila) delivery – which worked out great! We ordered our items in advance and always received timely responses. They delivered our items right on time and the fee was reasonable. We’ll use them again.

Restaurants that we tried while in Cabo:

- Hacienda Cocina y Cantina (patio seating – amazing food)

- The Office (on the beach for breakfast - the shrimp omelet was outstanding)

- Gordo Lele’s (first time here – REALLY good chorizo tacos)

- Maro’s Shrimp House (we make it here every year and love it each time – bulldogs (of course) and shrimp/lobster combo)

- Baja Brewing (gigantic burgers – great beer)

We actually did two different whale watching tours – one with Whale Watch Cabo and one with Cabo Expeditions. Both were good, but definitely different experiences. Whale Watch Cabo was much more informative – our guide was a marine biology student that taught us a lot about the whales and their behavior. Sadly, the whales were a little shy and we didn’t see too many. This would be a trip that I’d take my kids on! The Cabo Expeditions tour was on a Zodiak boat (a really fast raft). It was a hoot, and definitely necessary to hold on tight. We had several intimate whale experiences with no other boats around. Not as educational, but we had gotten that on our first tour. The whales were much more cooperative on this day and we saw many.

We also went fishing for a full day with Red Rum. Would ABSOLUTELY recommend them to anyone interested in fishing. Alex and Jesus took us out to where the tuna were almost jumping into the boat. We caught 13 tuna in about an hour!! The dolphins were swimming along the boat which was an added bonus! No marlin, but had a couple tease us a bit. They packed/ froze two of the tuna for us to take back home and sent one more back to the hotel for us to have for dinner. (We left the other 10 for the crew and their families) This was an amazing trip.

Finally, we did the sunset dinner cruise with Caborey. Unfortunately, the clouds were blocking the amazing sunset that we had seen in previous days, but it was a fun trip. The food is really rich and the show was a lot of fun. It was a little more pricy that I think it was worth, but if you can get discounts from your hotel it might be worth it. We did enjoy the trip.

That’s the quick summary. We’re already trying to book another week in October so I hope to be on that role call soon! We missed the meet & greet at Cabo Blue - but will hope to make the one next trip.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

great trip report...thanks for posting. We will be at PBSB in June...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
905 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Great report, thank you for taking the time to post your experiences with the different tours it is very helpful.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,533 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Try to book your time to coincide with the TripAdvisor Black & Green Fishing Tournament & Charity Auction, or at least try to be there toward the end of the month when other TA folks are in town.

I also appreciate the details in your report.

West Dundee...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Thanks for the great report. We are heading there March 2 - 7. Seven of us, ages 19 to 55. Staying at Riu Santa Fe. Have already booked transfer with Cilento Lindo (thanks TA posters). Trying to figure out fishing and zipline and whalewatching, not at the same time though! Lots of good information from everyone so far. Can't wait.

Will do my best to give report back. Woohoo!!!

Edited: 22 January 2013, 23:53
Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Awesome trip report! Thank you!

Edited: 23 January 2013, 00:42
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,533 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

wharkin ~ here is some info about Zip Lines in Los Cabos tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c188515 Vouchers can save you a lot of money!

South Bend...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed it! We are also PBSB owners and will be visiting in May. Really excited for our trip now!

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Laura,

Thanks for the info! Do you have preference as to the whale watching...? Was the trip more interesting with facts? My husband and I are heading to Cabo on Feb 23rd. Can I ask how much the fishing was? is there another one you would recommend? Sorry for all the questions

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

Karen B -

If you've not been whale watching before, I'd go with Whale Watch Cabo. We probably enjoyed the "thrill" of Cabo Expeditions more, but it was our third time doing this in two years, so we weren't really looking to learn.

For fishing - check out RedRum's site redrumcabo.com. They list their boats and prices. We were on the El Nuevo 33' for all day which was $750 (plus a 20% tip). I'd definitely recommend them. If it's just the two of you, you might also check their share board to split the cost. Others may be able to recommend other fishing companies...

Enjoy! I'm sure that you'll have a great time!!

10. Re: Trip Report (1/12 - 1/19) PBSB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 07:18