We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Hi everyone! So I'm planning my wedding in Cabo sometime later this year so you will probably see a couple posts from me.

We are planning to get married at some place along medano beach and I'm looking for a place close to the hotel for the welcome dinner. I would like a nicer place but most importantly it must have great food and great seafood. My future mother in law LOVES shellfish but simply prepared aka steamed so I need a place that offers lobster, crab, shrimp, etc prepared without a lot of breading or butter. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Your requirements are a bit hard to meet close to Medano beach. The places that would serve the shellfish you are looking for would not be the better high end places in my opinion. A good spot for the food you are looking for would be Sharkey's.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
198 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

You might want to take a look at Hacienda Cocina. We've had the seafood and they will prepare dishes to your liking. Great place with a great view.

http://www.haciendacocina.com/

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

I don't know about on Medano beach but Maro's has really great seafood- all very simply prepared and very reasonably priced as well. We went twice on our holiday and last night they hosted a party of 60! I thought everything went really smoothly too!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

What size group are you planning on attending? Most places would try to meet your needs. I think the Hacienda Cocina y Cantina is a great choice. www.haciendacocina.com Hard to beat that view!!! Nice of you to be thinking about Mom in Law. : )

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Marisco's Mazatlan

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

I think you would love Hacienda Cocina. It is a beautiful restaurant, special atmosphere, great view, the best choice for what you describe on Medano Beach. They have rooms for private parties and I think can do a special menu for you if you talk with them.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

We are anticipating 30 to 40 people but don't have final counts yet.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I do like the look of Hacienda Cocina and it gets excellent reviews on here so I will definitely contact them.

The pictures of Maro's food looks amazing, perfect for the future MIL (and everyone else!)...a little more casual than I was looking for but I'll trade a nicer looking place for great food and drinks any day so I'll be contacting them as well!

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

The big group last night certainly looked like they were having fun. Hacienda Cocina was beautiful though.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Hacienda Cocina y Cantina is a great choice. It fits the bill of everything you want, I know they do weddings, and has a great view.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

I'll also give a big tip of the hat to Hacienda Cocina. You won't be sorry... they do an excellent job and still keep prices low in comparison to other places that come close to the quality of food and service. Great views, loads of room.