We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wleasure
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

Hey Guys. Looking to get onto a boat either Friday May 3rd or Saturday May 4th in a few months. There are 2 of us (male/early 30's, enjoy cervezas) and hoping to keep the cost down. I went out on Top Gun a few years back and had a blast. I am amateur and my friend novice. Send me a message and let's share a day/half day!

Edited: 26 February 2013, 00:41
wleasure
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

bump

wleasure
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

Another bump. Anybody...

Anyone have any other share board suggestions, or should my buddy and I just wing it once we get down there?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
721 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

I wouldn't "wing" it down there. Too many scams. If you two start planning now, you can get a good boat for about $550 (i.e. Pocho's Don Valerio), split the cost and have a great time without having to watch other people reel in fish that could have been yours.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

agreed, 2 to a boat is great. The avg billfish bite is maybe 1 or 2 hookups a day (sometimes none, once in a while quite a few!) so 2 guys have a decent chance at both getting in on the action. Even tuna or dorado don't usually come in bunches (again, there are exceptions...) so with 2 guys it usually works out well.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

wleasure, another poster is trying to find someone with which to share a charter. See the link below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k62932…

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

And of course the share boards like Redrum's that will hook you up with others looking to share.

www.redrumcabo.com

F4B

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

Have sent you a pm with possible options.

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

wleasure

I saw from other posters that pange boats are a good option so I think that's what I'm going to do. They are about $165 for 5 hours plus extras (lunch, drinks, license, etc.). They seem to take up to 3 or 4 passengers so it would be great for you and your buddy. I have been in touch with Aby Charters and have read great reviews for Victor on the Santi 1. If you do a google search for Cabo San Lucas panga boats, you will see plenty of options. Good luck.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

FYI 3 or 4 people on a panga is very crowded - especially if everyone is fishing. I fished solo with Victor for 2 days last year and shared a day with another guy, which was fine and we had 2 limit days on tuna up to about 70lbs and dropped a big stripey right at the back of the boat (the fishing was really hard at the time too!). Victor also took 4 of us out whale watching one evening - another great experience (for only $100!) but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to try to fish with that many on board. The only thing with a 5 hour charter is that if the fish are a few miles away, you might not get there and back in that time - Victor will do an 8 hour charter for about $250 (bait, licences etc extra) and will run the extra distance - a lot of the cheaper pangas don't at time The other thing to remember with a panga is that there is no deckie or bathroom.

Another great panga is the Jessica with Jaime - you can book it through Dreamweaver.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 21:07
Longmont
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking to share a fishing trip May 3rd or 4th

My husband and I are interested and I sent you a PM. Please let me know. Thanks.