We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

Been reading up on some resorts and I am not a big drinker, but the reviews of the resorts we have been looking at so far have mentioned, watered down drinks and slow drink service.

I have no issue bringing a bottle of vodka with me :)

I have heard there are some destinations that will remove alcohol if you bring it with you.

Anyone heard anything like this about Cabo?

Our first time there and we are really looking forward to it!!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

so questions:

1. what resort you staying at??

2. Don't hang and drink at the resort. Plenty of other great places to hang out and drink non watered down and fast and friendly service

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

You can bring 3 liters of Spirits to Mexico Duty Free per person...Have Fun!!

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

You can bring booze to Cabo, but that's kind of like bringing sand to the beach :)

Cabo is full of stores that will sell you vodka and anything else your thirsty heart desires.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

Order doubles, if that doesn't work, go next door.

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

Plus the liquor is cheaper in Cabo than home.

F4B

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

What resort are you staying at? As mentioned above there are hundreds of great bars in Cabo that serve great drinks and almost as many stores where you can buy a bottle. No need to bring anything to Cabo unless it is something that is not sold there.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

This head cold must be effecting my vision too ... I thought people came here to bring booze BACK (giggles as much as one can with plugged ears/nose)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

No need to take liquor .... its just like the states, they sell it on every corner! I wouldn't recommend staying at your hotel either, Cabo has so much to offer! Go see and do it!

9. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 04:05
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I bring alcohol into Cabo?

ok, thanks everyone.

We just booked a few nights ago and I have yet to have the time to go and read all about Cabo (this weekend, TA will be my best friend as I navigate, where to got, what to do etc....) to be honest, we haven't been to a resort in years - have been visiting friends and family all over Canada and the States, so haven't put much thought into it and the last time we went to a resort (Manzanillo, Mexico) it was safer to stay on resort, and everything we wanted to do was on the resort.

Offhand, I don't remember the full name of the resort, but it was Pueblo something or other. Benito spa? I think it was # 8 rated on TA. It doesn't say how many it is rated out of so could be 8 of 10 :)

Loads of really really great reviews on the place, but I did notice many of the most recent reviews looked a bit suspect (many of them calling out specific employees, mostly high ratings and most of them the only review the poster has put up and for a resort with 150 rooms - MANY MANY (seems like too many) reviews in Feb 2013 alone.

After we booked, we noticed the reviews. Could be nothing is up - but it did seem rather suspect!

I didn't realize you could so easily just go offsite and buy a bottle. That sounds easier than schlepping a bottle of our fave vodka with us.

Thanks everyone for your input :)