We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa grand

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Playa grand

Has anyone stayed at the PlayaGrand resort lately? Going there in Sept. and would like to hear from someone who has been there. Already made reservations, so it is a little late to ask for advice, but it would be nice to hear from someone.

Stanwood, Washington
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa grand

I own a timeshare there and we just got back from a 2 week trip. What do you want to know? We were very impressed with the improved food at the onsite restaurants this year. The sushi bar is very good, as was the calima restaurant. We normally go out to eat but my wife took a fall and was on crutches for a few days midtrip. It is a relatively quiet place compared to Medano beach but you can walk down the hill and take a water taxi if you want to go to the beach bars.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa grand

Been going there twice a year for 10+ years. Still love it. Don't love being a timeshare owner, but I do love staying at the property.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa grand

We own 3 weeks a year there and love it. What would you like to know?

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa grand

We stayed at PG and had an ocean view room in building B. Loved the room. Easy walk to town. Good to hear the food is improved as it was not good when we stayed. But didn't eat here much. Perfect location to eat and drink in town. We stocked up with snacks and drinks in our room for daytime.

new jersey
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa grand

Everyone already answered my first concern, the food, heard the restaurants were not very good.I quess that has changed. also heard the main pool needed some work. also would like an opinion on getting the AI $75 a day did not seem like a bad price.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 19:54
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa grand

Don't do the AI wayyyyyyyyy to many places in town for a lot less money.

Stanwood, Washington
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa grand

Depends what you like. The food is much improved but I still wouldn't want to eat 3 meals a day there. We buy groceries and do most of our breakfasts and lunch's in the room and then go out to dinner, sometimes on site but more often in town. Checkout Trappers list for all of the restaurants to consider.

8. Re: Playa grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:17