We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

Zakopane, Poland
Level Contributor
446 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

Hello

Does anyone know if the RIU's have ATM machines in the hotels? Thinking its best to withdrawal from ATM.

Northern Cali
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

I don't remember seeing any. I would bring what you might need. Credit cards are accepted most everywhere too. Don't think I would risk an ATM unless it was at a bank.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

Yes there is a stand alone ATM in the lobby at the Riu Santa Fe. People here recommend that people DO NOT use stand alone ATM's as they have outrageous fees. What is recommended is to use Bank ATM's. The two BanK ATM's that are close to the Riu Santa Fe are in the Plaza San Lucas Mall, which is where Walmart Super Center is located. You can easily walk there from the Riu Santa Fe. There also is a Bank of Nova Scotia located in the Puerto Paraiso Shopping Mall which is located in town.

The Shwa, near...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

I too would stay away from the stand alone ATMs.

I assume Giggles you are from Canada? Grab some US cash from your bank and pre order a bunch of ones for tipping. I usually grab $100. Just make it easier for tipping the bartenders, maids and others.

There are several Banks dowtown and one or two at the Walmart plaza.

There are even Scotia Banks in Cabo specifically in the big mall.

I personally used the HBSC (I think) across from the mall close to the Starbucks as it gave me US funds.

I do not spend a lot of money down in Cabo as I do stay at the RIU so I stick with the US dollars as it is more of a convienance.

Though I do agree you get a better deal with Pesos especially at the bars. I try to save my Pesos for the bars.lol

I will see you as I leave the plane. Arriving the 13th.

Enjoy.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 01:44
4. Re: Riu Santa Fe- ATMs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:16