We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Vacation In August

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
L R
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Topic
Cabo Vacation In August

Hi, I am debating planning a vacation trip to Cabo in August. I've heard that this is hurricane season. I'm trying to decide if I should go during this time. Any advice or tips about traveling to Cabo during this time would be greatly apprecaited. thank you!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

While hurricanes are not as common as on the eastern side, they do happen as well as tropical storms. September is the highest risk month but the "season" is actually mid June to mid November.

One thing that you can expect in August is that it will be HOT and HUMID!!!! Very much so. If you are ok with extreme heat and humidity and the chance of storms you will be ok. Since it is the low season you may be able to get great deals.

Personally I would never go in August or September but I hate the humidity and we have only 2 months of summer in Seattle and those 2 are it so we rarely leave home then.

L R
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

Ultimately I would prefer to travel outside of Seattle at a different time of year, but with work schedules and vacation time availability August is what I'm in a sense stuck with. Cabo seems to be the best price for the type of relaxing vacation we are looking for. There is a debate on going AI or not. I've been reading some reviews that at certain hotels AI options are completely AI, that there are a lot of restrictions. So many things to decide!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

Why leave Seattle in August, it's too hot and humid in Cabo at that time.

4. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 19:05
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

I'm going first week of September. I'll be taking full advantage of Riu Palace's AI beverage service I'm sure!!

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

We went in early August two years ago and it was very hot and humid. I would compare it to Orlando in August, which we also visited in early August four years ago. With our kids schedules, it always seems we end up on vacation the beginning of August. If you are flexible with your vacation, then choose another time. If not, then be prepared! We spent most days sitting in the pool iwth a drink.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

I spent the first week of August in Cabo a few years ago. I went to fish, and the fishing was good:) yeah, it was darn hot, although I've felt more humidity in early October. Might have just been the week I was there. If you can only go then, I say go for it:)

8. Re: Cabo Vacation In August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:17