We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

Went out yesterday with Captain Ramon and mate William. Excellent day on the water! We caught 5 dorado, 3 of which were bulls, from 35 to 45 lbs or so. Great fights! We also caught two yellow fin tuna and one striped marlin. There were miles of schools of dolphins, amazing watching them swim near boat and the spectacular leaps they make!

Fishing partner James had an underwater camera hooked up to outrigger, so hopefully we got some good video. He also jumped in the water and filmed the 45 lb dorado. His girlfriend Lauren did a number on that marlin, the marlin weighed more than her and she fought it like a champ.

As usual, awesome job by Ramon and William. Great fisherman, very friendly and a pleasure to be out there with them.

Full trip report when I get back, but also went to see Maro last night, always the highlight of my trip seeing him, he always remembers me and and my wife. We had a blast in there last night and the food and bulldogs were great!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

Sounds like a great time. Nice sized bulls, too. Can't wait to see the video. Love those GoPro cameras!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

We also had the pleasure to fish with Ramon & William on March7th. Motored almost up to Pescadaro and found a nice school of Yellow Tail. Ended up with 23 in a 2 1/2 hour period. Needless to say the old arms weren't the same the next day. Got to wait till November to give it another try, darn.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

March has been outstanding for fishing in Cabo ! I have received multiple thank-you's from people that I suggested fishing with my favourite guys. Very common to catch 20+ Tuna in a very short time. Decent sized Durado and of course , the Marlin ! Let's remember all these awesome days for those other days that are slow. You know they happen too.......great post egoer !

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

What was the wind like on the water? I'm going out next week and was curious how choppy its been?

New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

Conditions were excellent. Wind picked up late in day but I think that is par for the course. I have never been out where it was really rough, but I guess it happens. Good luck!

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

Yeah...it happens:)

Glad you had a good trip with Ramon. He's among the best in Cabo, too bad his booking agent is ....well, lets just say we don't do business anymore, and I can't recommend them.

Edited: 29 March 2013, 02:26
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

egoer - where's your video?

8. Re: Fishing Report - Dream Weaver 3/25/2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:16