We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Finisterra

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Finisterra

Staying here from June 23-30. What is your review of this place?

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Finisterra

There are three distinct sections -- the part in the middle of the hotel is like a flea-bag motel. The part on the cliff overlooking the marina is a little long in the tooth, but still nice. And that section has its own private pool (I actually like that section because it's quiet). The newest section is very nice, overlooking the ocean.

The Whale Watcher Bar has an awesome view -- go there at sunset for a gorgeous photo-op. The Blue Marlin has good food, but it's expensive and not the best in Cabo for the price. The Palapa restaurant by the pool is great. Good selection of stuff at a reasonable price. If you tip well, you'll get outstanding service from the wait staff. They will remember you. My mom, sister and I tipped well the first day we were there and the wait staff practically fought over who got to wait in us from then on.

The majority of guests were 20 & 30-somethings -- about half of those had kids with them. Definitely more 'happening' and 'boisterous' than the sedate crowd next door at Playa Grande.

You cannot swim in the ocean but the beach is beautiful and there aren't any vendors to bother you.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself, unless you get stuck in one of the horrid rooms. Hopefully, you can get one of the better rooms at the hotel.

Pasadena, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Finisterra

I am also going June 23-30. I have a room reserved at the Palapa Beach Club section at the Finisterra. Maybe we will see you.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Have you stayed here before? I went to the Whale Watcher's Bar the first time I was in Cabo and decided that this place seemed to be the best location for relaxing, yet be close to town.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Also staying in the Palapa Beach Club section of the hotel. Can't wait for vacation to start . . .

California
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Finnestera is nice but somewhat dated. As the previous post indicated. I like the pool area and it is close the whale watcher bar is an awesome place to have a drink or 3 during sunset. Make sure you ask for the new section.

Cabo_nut

Pasadena, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Finisterra

My sister and her husband have stayed their before. I like it because of its location. I am going with my husband and 13 year old son. We get their about 1:00 pm, I paid for an airport transfer with Olympia tours but I haven't heard anything about them. Maybe we will be neighbors, in my mind I am already there.

san diego
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Finisterra

i stayed there ;ast year. i had an excellen room and the pull wasnt too crazy. happy hour was awsome at the pool. i have no complaints

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Just returned from the Finisterra and loved it! We were in the Palapa section on the 4th floor and had no problems at all. Had a great view of the pools and the ocean and overall we thought that the hotel was very quiet. I didn't hear or see any more than a handful of children our entire stay. The location and the staff were also great.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Thanks for the feedback. From what I have read about this hotel it sounds like if you stay in the Palapa Beach Club section of Hotel Finisterra, you can't have a better experience in Cabo! With the waterfall off the cliffs, and the hotels ups and downs, none other can compare. What I am reading is that you can have all the fun you want in town and then come back to peace and quiet on the Pacific side--there doesn't seem to be any place that offers this much so close to the "downtown". Photos of pools on various websites are jawdropping; makes the others look pretty generic. Was there some shade at the upper pool? Not a sun fanatic anymore, but I like to relax with a view. Thanks to all for the info. I plan to write a long review when I get back.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,133 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Finisterra

Other choices on the same beach would be Solmar, Playa Grande and the Terrasol condo's................all good choices, and I would recommend wandering over to Solmar for a dinner at La Roca any night but Tues. or Sat (Fiesta night) to hear the Mariachi's. They are excellent, and the food is quite decent. I had a fantastic filet at the last Grill night (Friday).