We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

OMG, I spend 15 mins. each night before getting into bed just killing off all of the mosquitos that I can find in my room/bathroom. It's crazy! This is the first time I've ever had a problem with them while in Cabo.

Glad I have my Off! with me, although I didn't put it on my face and woke up with a couple of bites on my cheek/forehead. Don't I just look lovely with those, ha ha.

Anywho... for those of you not yet here, you might want to come prepared, just in case.

Otherwise, GS is awesome. I have to say, the service is 1,000 times better than the last time I was here. And now the parking and internet are free, which is awesome. Construction noise isn't really a problem for me (and I'm pretty close to it). Fabulous view from our room, sun is shining, crashing waves are lulling me into a vacation stupor. Life is good at Grand Solmar. :)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

Sounds wonderful even with the sketters. Cant wait to get back GS and Cabo. Nine months and counting.

Win

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

That's great DM. Glad to hear GS has been better !!! Be there shortly and will be heavily armed with bug killer ! I like using the wipes. They work great and are very easy to pack !

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

We are going to Cabo next week and was wondering about mosquitoes.I have looked high and low for the wipes here in Victoria what store did you find them in?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

Canadian Tire , Walmart , or check with your local fishing/hunting outdoor store. Also , they have them at some industrial supply stores like Acklands......

Edited: 21 May 2013, 20:59
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

I love the wipes, too. Very convenient. But it removed some of my fingernail polish :-(! And I ended up with a gummy mess!!!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

That's hilarious ! I wonder if you're onto something. Gummy bears for mosquitos ! Shape it into a little bear and leave outside !

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

Poor Man's Bug Wipes: Spray the Off! onto a tissue and then wipe the tissue onto your skin. :)

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

wow...2 mosquito threads on the front page at the same time...don't think I've ever seen that!

I've never brought, used or needed bug dope in Cabo...lucky me:)

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

With the small bloodsucking birds in MN that you all call mosquitos I'm sure the baby ones in Cabo have no effect on you MNman!

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Solmar - mosquito heaven

True that SJ:) We just spent one of the great spring weekends at the cabin, warm temps and the bloodsuckers aren't out yet!

and...the fish were biting:)