We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

How far is it from terminal three to get the supercabo city bus from the airport to downtown Cabo? And how do you get to it. My wife said she saw something to the effect you have to walk a mile to get the bus...but I've seen reports saying it is near the airport. Who is right. We are traveling very light and would prefer to take the city bus, which is quite inexpensive. We took a city bus in Puerto Vallarta last time we were there.

We'd also like to know what it costs for two people to get a meal in decent restaurants. We don't drink. Do restaurants have comida corrida lunches in Cabo?

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Terminal 3 is the furthest from tbe stop! But the stop is in front of terminal 1. To cabo it is only 35 pesos, it's a nice ride in, take in the view, from terminal 2, it's a bit of a walk, I wouldn't say a mile.. A good food place for $120 pesos for lunch buffet is Los ajos. Clean and fresh. Right across from the mall in the main road in cabo.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

I thought Terminal 3 was closed now. Terminal 2 to the "bus stop" is probably just over 1/2 mile.

ArthurAsa ~ which airline? Which hotel in Cabo?

caboticket ~ is the bus ride to Cabo something like 2 hours?

I recommend making a new thread asking for budget friendly dining ideas. Few folks will think to read this "bus" thread to give you dining suggestions.

Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your being kind enough to supply some information. We are flying on Alaska airline and I thought it landed on terminal 3 but someone said the terminal is closed and so we will land at terminal 2.

Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Thanks for the reply. We are flying on Alaska Airline and staying at the Quinta del Sol hotel. We chose it because it got good reviews on TripAdvisor and also because it has a kitchen....which means we don't have to eat in restaurants all the time. We do a lot of traveling and usually rent apartments...I have a delicate stomach so we have a lot of simple meals in the apartments. But Cabo seems to have some really nice restaurants so we hope to eat out a bit more there. We are retired professors. I do a lot of writing and seem to spend my life looking in the Internet for apartments and restaurants when not writing. We've actually been to Cabo once or twice...as stops on cruises to Mexico. There doesn't seem to be much to do in Cabo except wander around but we can use a bit of rest and relaxation. My wife was on the Marin County Grand Jury for a year and we are taking the trip two days after her work is finished.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Alaska does indeed land at Terminal 2. Here is some info about that terminal: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c196039 I think a shared shuttle at $34 per person round trip is a good value as you'll be in an airconditioned van and will get to your hotel fairly quickly. But some folks enjoy the public bus. I'm not sure if the bus will stop for you near your hotel. (There is probably a bus stop, but I haven't looked. The usual stop is closer to the Mall.) Ask the bus driver.

Quinta del Sol doesn't have many fans on the forum, but it can work. Note that almost all the timeshare resorts / hotels have mini-kitchens in the room.

Simple chicken dinner at El Pollo de Oro might be something you're seeking.

If you prefer to walk around town for your tourism, be sure to check out some of TravelJudy's ideas. They're linked to the Top Questions on the right "Walking Around Cabo: What is there to see/do?"

Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Change of plans.

I found an inexpensive all inclusive on the Internet so we will be at the Holiday Inn near San Jose del Cabo.

That will greatly simplify life....since we won't have to worry about buying water, cooking, etc. and will be right on the beach. I figured out that it won't cost that much more than staying in the hotel and dining out at the expensive Cabo restaurants. I think we will take the shuttle at $10 per person each way to the hotel. It will make life a lot easier for us. thanks for your help.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,425 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Where is Sherriff Joe !?!

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

That's a great idea. I hope you have time to walk in the Estuary adjacent to the Holiday Inn.

Go to the San Jose del Cabo forum and read some of the threads there. The Holiday Inn's biggest fan, an2jo2, is a Destination Expert for San Jose and can help you if you have any questions about this relaxed resort.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Never fear the Sheriff is here! LOL

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,425 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Subercabos city bus from airport to downtown Cabo

Awww Sherriff Joe. You are my Hero !!! Excellent advice!!!!!