We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

HI! We will be in cabo san lucas next week (actually we will be in San Jose Del Cabo for a few days, and then in actual Cabo San Lucas for a few days). We are a family of 5 and have booked excursions with High Tides (surfing) and Sunrider (snorkle/boat tour/lunch). Questions regarding tipping:

1) how much should be "budget" for tipping for each tour

2) who gets what tips? (ie, do you tip one main person, or do you split it amongst the various people, and if so, what do you suggest we give to them?)

Any guidance from those "in the know" or who have dones these tours is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

-Kelly

Edited: 22 June 2013, 14:02
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

I can answer Sunrider. First of all you picked a great snorkeling cruise.It is a 48ft yacht that has an upper deck with tables and a covered lounge on the lower deck with tables and the bar. They have waiters thru out the cruise that deliver drinks . The have a complete (serve yourself) Mexican buffet with Kabobs on their grill.. You will love it!!!! As far as tipping they will come around at the end of the cruise with a jar or something like that for tips. For 5 people I would suggest 300 pesos. Remember no US coins they are useless in Mexico, Their banks will NOT accept them.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

Thanks for the help, trapper3! That is exactly what I needed to know (glad to see that it is a good cruise-we picked it because one of my sons is not that into snorkeling, and it looked like it was just a fun time overall...even if you weren't into snorkeling.)

Happy to hear that they collect tips at the end-it seems from the website that there are quite a few staff members and I was concerned as to making sure that we got them all in fair way.

Thanks again--really appreciate the "tip". (P.S. are you the same trapper from Trapper's List? If so, thanks for that as well--we have printed it out to take on our trip!)

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

Yes I am!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

Kelly, as trapper said, the food on the Sunrider is quite good - probably the best of the snorkeling cruises. They usually pass a tip jar around to all the guests toward the end of the cruise.

5. Re: Tipping Advice--High Tide Surf Lessons and Sunrider snorkle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18