We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

Hello all,

Ive been to Riu Santa Fe 6 times and enjoy it there very much. The last few times I was there (April 2013 and October 2012) it seemed like it had gone down hill just a little bit making me think it may be time to try the Palace. Any thoughts or comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

I have never stayed at the Palace but it is obviously a more upscale resort and reviews have been better than the Sante Fe. The choices for food and drinks are higher end at Palace and you do have full access to both resorts so if you want to get your party on you can go over to the Sante Fe and enjoy their pool area as it does have more of a party atmosphere. .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

Thanks for the response...yah Im leaning toward that....room service, pool drink service and premium liquor are worth the $180 more for the Palace....and I def plan on getting my party on back at the Santa Fe, esp if the Palace is on the quiet side ; )

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

If its in your budget the Riu Palace is worth the extra bucks... we stayed at the Palace during Spring Break, most of the party crowd spent their days at the pool/beach next door at the Santa Fe and nights at the clubs in the marina area, the resort was generally on the quiet side.

4. Re: Riu Santa Fe or Riu Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:16