We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue marlin fishing charter

Beloit, Kansas
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
blue marlin fishing charter

I am heading to cabo in july and booked a fishing charter with the blue marlin and captain Luis. I was just wondering if there are any other people that have used them and what their experience was with them. I hope i have picked a good fishing charter as I have never fished in the ocean and would love to catch something nice. Thanks for any input!!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

I'm sure people are just waiting for me to jump in on this so here goes.........Luis and "Sally" (Salvatore) are excellent fishermen and terrific people. As is the crew on the Blue Marlin 1 , Martin and mate. The Blue Marlin is a 31' Bertram in excellent condition. I have seen him take up to 7 people ! The boat is very clean and well kept. The owner operates this vessel which is rare in Cabo so you can imagine how he likes to keep his ship........spotless. The boat is equiped with 2 fighting chairs and lots of room to sit under cover when the sun is too hot. You can also get right in the cabin where there's a table with bench seats and a washroom as well.

Luis uses top of the line rods and reels and I have never seen a boat stocked with so many different kinds of lures. They run 5 lines at a time and also toss in the live bait when trying for the "spot and stock" Marlin. As well , they have been recently trolling a "teaser" that makes noise , sprays water , has a large lure attached , but no hook. This adds attraction to the water behind the boat and brings them in.

They like to leave early , by 6am to beat the rush. Show up at 5:45 at the latest. It makes no difference if you're a newbie or a seasoned vetran on the water. Luis and sally will take good care of you and you will receive the best charter you could ask for. I have a friend that has used Luis for 20 years ! I wish I would have listened to him sooner and used him more myself.....now I do. I went out 2 days with them in early June and caught a Marlin and a Durado each day. We had lots of other chances but sometimes the fish just don't bite. We saw about a dozen Marlin each day but lots of them didn't want anything to do with us , but it was still great to play with them. IMO , you couldn't have picked a better fishing charter. The price is as good as you'll find and they work hard for that money. You will have a great time and I bet you use them again if you go back to Cabo ! Happy Fishing !!!!

fishingmarlin.com/Ima/…1

Luis can be contacted directly at blue_marlin64@hotmail.com

Edited: 25 June 2013, 15:56
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

I am booking a trip with Fiesta Sportfishing out of cabo San Lucas. have you or anyone had experience with this company?

Isle, Minnesota
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

We just got off the water at 3pm 12/3/13 from fishing with Blue Marlin charters, an EXCELLENT TRIP. The fishing was great, we landed 3 marlin the largest being 140#. Well kept boat, good mannered crew and a friendly captain. Great price on the trip as well. We will be back.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

Great news Steve ! Glad to hear it worked out well for you...

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

Does he have a website? I am heading down in March and definitely going to go fishing. I would like to find out rates and the such.

Thanks, Wayne

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

You can contact Luis at blue_marlin64@hotmail.com

fishingmarlin.com/Ima/…1

You can book off this site but for a fee. Book direct with Luis for better prices. Also , a couple pages down is "Fishing in December" where i give more info. Happy Fishing !!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

^ Hopefully I'll come back in two weeks with good news. Hew knows what I mean!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

Just remember that when fishing for large game fish...sometimes the fish wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya38z61L-QM

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

Cant wait to hear all about it swapt ! Say HI to my uncle for me.

10. Re: blue marlin fishing charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:16