We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping the maid

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tipping the maid

Could someone show me how to write a note to the maid saying thank you and that the money placed on the note is for her.

I will be in Cabo 6/29-7/4. I'll be the old man with three 20yr olds(I hope they can keep up with me--ha ha). We are staying at the Tesoro.

Whenever in Cabo I usually just eat,drink and FISH. This time we are going to be tourist. We have several things planed(including eat,drink and FISH).

Thanks, jag

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,571 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tipping the maid

Jag, use Babel Fish for your translation. It's really a good one, and you can write anything you want. If you just pop that into your search bar, it will come up-it also has another name, but the BF should work. :-) Have a great trip!

Marietta, GA
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tipping the maid

Jag,

My husband and I will also be at Tesoro, 7/1-7/8. Maybe you and my hsuband can hang out while us girls go shopping!!!

C&C

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tipping the maid

KatD I do not speak or write spanish and I'm not sure the maids can read english that why I was asking I'll do some checking around

thx jag

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tipping the maid

C+C That sounds good

jag

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tipping the maid

jag,

this is the best translation source i can reccommend. Buena Suerte........ jim

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tipping the maid

thanks Jim that is a great site I will be using it again

jag

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: tipping the maid

KatD I missunderstood your post the first time I read it now I've got it. Thanks jag

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,571 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tipping the maid

Jag-you are welcome. I actually think it's even better than YM's favorite..........I use both occasionally ;-) (my Spanish es muy malo)

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tipping the maid

Dailey I left money and a small gift from the $1 store or some Jelly Belly candy on the table. The note said "Maid and gracias. It was gone when I returned to the room. I think they're familiar with tipping and know when it's for them...If you leave anything like the remaider of your food, soda, etc it's always a good policy to leave a note that you're giving it to the maid. I brought some gifts for the maid's children and wrote this out specifiaclly so she wouldn't get in trouble...........Have a great time

Van Nuys, CA
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tipping the maid

Jag, here you go:

Para la camarera

Gracias,

Jag

For the Maid,

Thank you