We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marina Fiesta!

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
marina Fiesta!

We booked for $249.00 but after taxes and fees we were charged $351. Is that normal? Seems like a lot for taxes and fees! Plus a $ 7per day charge upon arrival.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marina Fiesta!

what was the $7/day, did you ask??? Maybe the daily tip for the maid?? There is a pretty high tax rate...appx 24% ...but you still seemed to have gotten overcharged.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marina Fiesta!

This was one of those dream2travel promotions, right? If so, in their terms and conditions they state that the resort requires a $7/day service charge to be paid upon check in. They also state any changes made within 14 days of your scheduled arrival may incur a $100 dollar fee. Did you change your reservations in any way?

I know nothing about these promotions (nor about your particular deal), but there certainly seem to be instances where charges like these can occur.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marina Fiesta!

Yes I made the res on Nov. 23rd. and we are going on Dec 9th. So I guess that would explain the fees. Thanks fir the reply!

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marina Fiesta!

The $7 a day fee is for the groundskeepers and housekeepers. It does not go to the bell boys...they need to be tipped individually.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,605 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marina Fiesta!

That $ amount for All Inclusive is an excellent deal. There was a recent Trip Report about the Marina Fiesta and the Dream2travel experience that was very positive. Its a great location for walking to town and it has a nice pool. Some even had nice things to stay about the restaurants associated with the Marina Fiestas program.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marina Fiesta!

Thanks , I appreciate all the answers and advice!

7. Re: marina Fiesta!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:18