We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle release info from the BPE

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle release info from the BPE

Turtle Town release of more baby turtles this Wednesday - 5:15pm at the end of Datil St. between the two arroyos. The Araiza brothers are still hard at work after four months of ‘baby’ sitting to assure our world’s turtle population recovers and thrives. Two things of note: Please don’t bring dogs, or keep them secured at your vehicle; please carefully watch children and remind them to stay behind the lines created in the sand to allow the baby turtles to safely find their way to the water. The t-shirts have been flying out of the box and more are ordered. Currently only XL and XXL short and long sleeves available with more arriving next week. THANK you for your support! Questions? Facebook Grupo Tortuguero Los Barriles, or Noe at 044-624-16-09625 or Omar at 044-624-11-73561

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

KatD, our family participated in a turtle release this October. It was by far, one of the most rewarding experiences that we have ever been involved in! Even though I am not a "tree hugger" by any means (more like a "beer" hugger) I will, without hesitation, do it again!

Thank you for your post.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

I am envious! I always have "just missed" being able to participate, and it is something I really would love to do! One of these day........................hopefully!

Washington State
Level Contributor
178 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

Will turtle baby season be over by Jan? I would love to be a part of the release if our visit isn't too late.

We will be in Cabo Jan12-19

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

Javagrl.........here is a good article that should help you make possible plans :)

http://www.cabovillas.com/blog/?p=1800

It is in the Earth Sea & Sky online info. they are a fantastic tour company. I used to always know my clients would be well taken care of when I was able to book travel through them.

I hope you get to see a hatching. I have always just missed out :(

Washington State
Level Contributor
178 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

Thanks KatD, I will check them out :)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

You are welcome, and hopefully you will find a release to participate in! :)

7. Re: Turtle release info from the BPE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:17