We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Cabo

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Cabo

Went to Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo and Todos Santos for the first time and had great experiences. We rented a car from BBB car rental and could not have been happier with the experience. We were nervous about renting there after hearing stories of being way over charged once you are in Mexico. I saw some comments about BBB and decided to give them a try. The owner was extremely nice and helpful and gave me the straight story about renting. He also gave some great advise about being stopped by police which was another fear of ours. We just felt like we had someone in Mexico that had our backs. I felt that if anything at all went on that I could contact him and he would be there. This was a great feeling and made the trip very relaxing.

We stayed in Cabo San Lucas our first few days at the Bungalos Hotel ( B& B). Very sweet place with friendly owners and great breakfasts. We stayed ion one of the bungalos and I would highly recommend it. While we were there we made reservations at FLORA FARMS! Do not miss this wonderful organic farm with really intersting organic food and creative cocktails. You will not regret it.

Then we drove to Todos los Santos and stayed at the Guycuara Hotel. It was quite lovely and a beautiful rooftop deck with a pool. It was very comfortable and the town is quaint with good restaurants. I think Michaels was excellent. Also a must is the hot stone massage at the hotel.

We then headed back to San Jose del Cabo for our last night to be closer to the airport. We decided to try an all inclusive. We stayed are the Barcelo Faro. The room was great and the pools and grounds were great, however, it was some of the worst food I ever had. Stay there but go somewhere else to eat.

The sun was the highlight with 80-82 degrees everyday. A very enjoyable time.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,222 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Cabo

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a great trip!

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Cabo

Glad you had great time. Thanks for sharing. Heading there soon, can't wait...

P

B.C.
Level Contributor
986 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Cabo

Flora Farm is definitely worth finding!! Interesting to hear about Barcelo Faro as I think they just changed owners and the Hyatt bought the other Barcelo location. Thanks for sharing about your trip!

4. Re: First time in Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:17