We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz

Davis, California
Level Contributor
353 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
La Paz

Would it be recommended to stay there for a night and Cabo San Jose a couple of nights? My husband and I are in our 30's. We traveled Puerto rico the same way, renting places at different locations every couple of days.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Paz

It's your vacation if that is what you like to do when on Vacation then do it.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,238 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Paz

It's several hours to drive from Cabo to La Paz. Do you like to drive & see the countryside or to explore one place thoroughly?

Even traveling from Cabo San Lucas to San Jose del Cabo (the two largest towns in Los Cabos) would be a nice comparison. If you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path type accommodation in San Jose, look at El Delfin Blanco. If you want an authentic Mexican 3 story option in La Paz, try Posada Luna Sol.

The other place on this "loop", assuming you want to drive around, would be Todos Santos or Cerritos Beach.

Davis, California
Level Contributor
353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Paz

Thanks for the advice! We usually like to see a couple of towns when we do a beach vacation. My other motivation to stay in La Paz and San Jose Del Cabo is that there are cheaper nice places right on the beach still available, where as Cabo San Lucus is pretty much sold out or ridiculously expensive.

Is La Paz relatively safe for tourists? We've got 8 days so we were thinking of doing 2 days in Cabo one night is San Jose and one in La Paz and then back to Cabo for New Years Eve.

Again really appreciate the info!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
41 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Paz

La Paz is extremely safe. Much less touristy than Cabo. It's an authentic Mexican town very clean beaches, no harassing sales people. Lovely Malecon with public art. Lots of great tours probably half the price of what you would pay in Cabo. There are very few hotels on the beach though. Lots of great and inexpensive restaurants. Check out my reviews. I lived there for nine weeks this year.

Davis, California
Level Contributor
353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Paz

Thanks for the message! Really looking forward to it! I'll check your reviews. We found a hotel, let's hope it's as nice as the pictures.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Paz

our preference would be to stay in LaPaz the whole trip, maybe a trip over to Los Barriles, beautiful beaches and more sanity. But if you've never spent a NYE in SL or SJD, it's quite a sight for fireworks along the coast , we'll be there on Medano . Have fun.

7. Re: La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:17