We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding on which resort..

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Deciding on which resort..

Ok- I need all you guys out there that have been to Cabo. We are planning on a February trip. These are the resorts we are looking at and I would like comments from people who stayed at them to help us decide:

Fiesta Americana

Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort & Spa

Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach

Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort - is this mainly for honeymooners?

Pueblo Bonita Pacifica

As you can see, we have too many choices and need help! Looking for a relaxing place - not too many kids-to relax on the beach/pool and sip drinks....

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding on which resort..

blarney,

Pueblo Pacifica would be a strong candidate IMHO. Buena Suerte........... jim

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding on which resort..

All good choices. Tough decision!

If you want to stay mostly at the resort and not worry about where to eat or what to do then I think Dreams would be a good idea. I don't think it is just for honeymooners. AI are great for folk who don't want to leave the resort often, rent a car, catch a taxi....

Fiesta Amer. and Sheraton are right next door to each other and only 10 min. from Cabo. They are both really nice. Food and drinks are more expensive on the corridor so you might want to go into town more often to try different restaurants. Between the 2 I like the Sheraton better.

Love the Pacific side---Pacifica and Sunset Beach are neighbors.A little closer to town then FA and Sher.

Pacifica-no kids-- but in Feb. every resort will not have lots of kids so that shouldn't matter. Pacifica--hotel,very quiet,zen like atmosphere,unique. SB--timeshare,more social, more spread out with more pools. :-)

Hope this helps a little...

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding on which resort..

Thanks-another question: We will probably book our own airfare. What is the best way to get to the resorts. We do not want to be riding on a bus stopping at all the hotels and I'm not too confident about their taxi's. And how long does it take to get from the airport to the hotels-the ones I mentioned?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding on which resort..

Dreams is closest to airport about 20 min.

FA and HDM about 30-35 min.

SB and Pacif. about 45-50 min.

Transcabo is a favorite. Van--not bus.

Taxi will be expensive.

Have you narrowed it down? :-)

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Deciding on which resort..

No, still on the fence. From the descriptions I have and the book from a travel agent they all sound wonderful. We do prefer a smaller place - about 250 rooms would be tops. Maybe a stupid question, but which place do you think has the best scenery-my husband just loves to sit on the balcony with a drink and look out and relax. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui and loved the service. And I would probably prefer a larger room/suite than a standard hotel room.

Can you arrange for the van ahead of your trip to reserve a pick-up at the airport?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deciding on which resort..

The only one I have not been to is Dreams so don't know the view there.

None of these overlook the famous Arch in Cabo. Sheraton, if you have ocean front, has nice views of pools,rocks,ocean(timeshare section). The hotel section is set back aways from the ocean(most rooms). It is a large spread out property. So is Fiesta Amer. which uses golf carts, as does Sunset Beach, which is spread out. Pacifica is in a U shape but not all rooms have ocean view. I think Pacifica will be the least crowded and smallest of the 5 but it is a hotel--no kitchen. Nice rooms, clean lines, heavenly beds. Some of the balconys are really large and I think I remember loungers out there--nice! We went through the A building(closest to the ocean and it was super). The one we liked had a living area and bedroom.

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Deciding on which resort..

you guys are a wealth of info. Thanks. I hope to decide in the next day or two where we will stay...

What about the van? do you know the approxinmate price? and can it be arranged when I book the hotel so I know they will be waiting for us.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deciding on which resort..

Transcabo.com. You will want to book ahead and they should be there waiting for you. They have a really good reputation. Ck. out web-site to get exact rate. :-)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deciding on which resort..

blarney,

Just wanted to tell you(if you haven't already seen it) that resortopportunities.com still has a $299. deal for a weeks stay at Pacifica going on. Crazy cheap!

Santa Barbara Co...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deciding on which resort..

Re: transportation from airport to resort...

We have reservations for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in mid-august. I contacted the resort via e-mail and they set up transportation through Cape Travel @ $17 per person. I have read a cple of reviews mentioning them, and they seem to be positive, we'll see!

This will be our first trip there, so unfortunately I can't offer any insight. But I do wish you the very best trip!

Kim