We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
458 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

We will be arriving on the 22nd and can't wait! We will be staying @ Cabo Villas and plan to stop at Walmart enroute there. Can we exchange USD for pesos there? Do you recommend doing it there or is there somewhere else close to Cabo Villas with favorable rates? Thanks

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

There are two Banks in that shopping center you might get a better rate there. You will probably need your passport to exchange the currency.

Sherwood Park...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

It would be much smarter to go to The ATM at walmart or at the airport and withdraw Pesos.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

The Banamex Bank at the Walmart shopping center will do that for you. There are two banks there. You need to use the Banamex bank. Do bring your passport with you.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
458 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

Rocky is there a limit on how much you can exchange? Thanks

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

Yes.....Im guessing ,But at the bank I think $300 a day is the limit.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

Last week I tried to exchange U.S. To pesos there and was told that they would only exchange if you had an account at the bank, something to do with the new banking laws. I use the exchange at the, ahem, "Wyndham" and you have to have a passport with you. Like cm123456 says, you are much better off withdrawing from a bank ATM, you get a much better exchange rate. The down side is that you are normally limited to either $300 U.S. Or it's equivalent or $4,000 pesos. Make sure you use a bank ATM, not a private machine. The bank ones charge between 28 and 31 pesos for the transaction. Stop at CostCo on the way in, the machines are on the right as you enter.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

Banamex is your best bet as they offer English or Spanish

8. Re: Can I exchange USD to pesos @ Walmart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:17