We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit Cabo?

Homer Glen, Illinois
Level Contributor
145 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit Cabo?

What is the best time of year to visit Cabo?

Thanks,

Heather and John

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

You didn't say what part of the country (or world) you are from but if you are from far north, you might want to hit Jan/Feb to warm up from the winter freeze. You might want to avoid spring break time and right after schools start getting out for summer vacation. You know, graduation presents for hi school and college kids. Lots of young uncontrollable kids drinking lots, not that I would ever do that

:-)

Otherwise I think anytime is a good time. But then thats just me. However, reading all the posts here, there are lots of us that feel that way.

Homer Glen, Illinois
Level Contributor
145 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

Thanks for the tip. :) My husband and I are from Chicago, IL. We are thinking of possibly visiting this winter sometime, since neither of us have been. We are more familiar with the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. We once went to Riviera Maya in October and it rained almost our whole trip. I was looking for info about whether or not there is a rainy/hurricaine season. Thanks!

Heather and John

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

Feb/March are IMHO the absolute best months to visit. January and April are great too. In July and August it's very very hot. September is tropical storm/hurricane season and hot and humid. The rest of the year is great other than months mentioned!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

We love Feb. too. Not to hot and not to cold(except sometimes at night.) Also really like May, longer days and guaranteed sun but not to hot. :-)

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

heatherandjohn-we're from MN and we go in March and just love it-usually warm days and cool nights great for sun and sleeping. That aside - if I had the opportunity to go to Cabo at any time of the year I would go - it's a wonderful place!! Hope you decide to go and enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

My vote goes for February as well. It's a nice break from the cold, the weather is perfect, and the Striped Marlin are usually biting.

Par

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

Well, I'm going to be totally different. We love to go in November. We've been in February and March but the evenings are too cool and the Sea of Cortez is freezing. In November everything is perfect. Warm days, comfortable evenings and warm water. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, because it may just get more crowded. We've gone in November for 10 years and had just a couple cloudy days and one rainy day.

Homer Glen, Illinois
Level Contributor
145 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

Thank You so much for all of your responses!

Heather and John

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time of year to visit Cabo?

I also like the end of Nov/first of Dec..............off season, good rates, not as crowded.........and great weather! I also like mid may, but the air is always higher then...........still good weather, and no spring breakers ;-)