We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

We had such a lovely time!

It was more of a relaxing getaway - we didn't even leave our resort once (gasp!)

The Pacifica is perfect if you just want to unwind and not see a lot of people. I know we will be back. We were not approaced once for a time share (not at the airport, not at our hotel).

I have to admit after we landed and on our way to the resort, I wasn't sure what to think. I knew we were in the desert, but wow. it really is dry. I was saddened by some of the poverty I saw as well. I swear we tipped like crazy because the staff work so hard.

Thank you for those who answered my endless stream of questions about Cabo. You really helped us plan a memorable vacation :-)

** I posted a review with pictures on the Pacifica hotel**

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

So glad you had a good, relaxing trip!

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

Well, what a nice woman you are to see the poverty and "tip like crazy."

Pacifica is fabulous.

I think the reality of the desert surprises many. The good thing about the desert is that the colors are intensified (low humidity in the air sharpens things plus contrast.)

Also, it is that desert climate that means no hot humid tropics (get a bit of that in August, Sept and late July...but not nearly as bed as the tropics or Florida and Baltimore for that matter.)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

Glad to hear you had a good time. Pacifica is beautiful and so unique! We have some friends that work at Pacifica and they greatly appreciate folks like you! :-)

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

Hey kenzielou1,

Glad to see you had a good time.

So you got updraded to a suite? I am so jealous.

how was it?

I know we had a great time when we went.

Could not see us staying any where else.

5. Re: Back from Pacifica ~ 1st. trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 23:16