We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

Talked to the cabbies who have one of their stands across from Cabo Coffee at Wilkes Park and they are saying they have been told 6 months for this project to be finished...but the merchants were told 3 months!! hummm It says in the newspaper here that the merchants did not even know about this until 10 days before start date!!

This winter I noticed a lots of vacant businesses from last winter on my daily walks along Hidalgo...and now with this construction the ones that are still along this section will have a rough time. The wind has been blowing here very strong the last few days...can't imagine open aired eating along this street right now.

Here is the video of the construction...only way I know to post photos!

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0804-28de-e51f…

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

Are the big barriers in the last picture on Lazaro Cardenas?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

Wow! What a MESS! And those are some of the areas I wander :( along with everyone else! Hoping by May it will be in better shape! TFS, Judy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

ElJefe...yes...at the end of Wilkes Park and the English Cabo Church...

Speaking of Wilkes Park...boy that park and the area sure have gone downhill from last year...and were a mess before the construction. It has just been left to rot away...sadly. Last year I spent lots of time there...the benches were in good repair, freshly painted, no trash/leaves blowing around...this year it is a mess...a huge truck load of garbage and old leaves, cactus are broken and laying down now for weeks...truly sad. I just don't spend time there at all this year...Sat there for about 5 minutes today as I was too tired to keep going...but rested quickly and moved on!

4. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 17:29
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

The construction is in full swing!! No driving now...as there is a heck of a drop off! It started January 28 and were slated to have the water and sewer lines laid down in 18 days. Big snag...ripped up the concrete and dug holes up and down the first block of Hidalgo and couldn't find the sewer lines...there isn't one...it just runs into the soil! Sidewalks are to be repaved by Feb. 19 and the street paved by March 1.

On Feb. 16 they will start on Madero Street...to be done by March 8. Zapata street will be ripped up Feb. 28 and be paved by March 24. Keep in mind this is where Siesta Suites and Salvatores is located...sleeping and eating dust is never good!

There will be pedestrian crosswalks and bus stops will be cut out...and the pavement will be the stamped concrete in a herring bone pattern.

If they can get funding...the next phase will be Ocampo, Guerrero and Matamoros (Gordo Lele's street)...and the third will be Lazaro Cardenas from Morelos to Cabo San Lucas..what a disaster that will be!! That is the entire downtown main driving street!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

Travel Judy - a lot of this seems to be word for word from the Gringo. You really should not take credit for other people's writing.

BTW - some of the shop owners do not agree with this rumor and claim there are septic pipes underground. Don't trust what you read in the Gringo - it may or may not be true.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

I didn't 'get' that Travel Judy was taking credit for anything, but rather just sharing what is being put in print. I do agree though-the Gringo doesn't always print the honest truth ;) I have read both sides, and have no idea if there are pipes or not, but it sure seems to be a mess!

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

I am no plumber (but I play one on TV) but it seems to me that sewer pipes running from a business straight into the ground would not last more than a day before completely backing up so since these buildings are old as dirt I would think their sewer pipes do connect "somewhere" though where it goes from there might be a mystery! Unfortunately my bet would be the marina harbor.......you know what they say, Crap runs downhill, poor Solomans, it blows being at the bottom of the hill! LOL

And I must agree Kat, the Gringo is about as reliable as the National Inquirer though years ago I did have a U.S. subscription to it for purely entertainment value but the longer you read it the more you realize its really just expensive toilet paper.

Edited: 13 February 2014, 17:47
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

KatD - I'm sorry, but if you copy something that someone else wrote and published without giving them the credit I think it is called plagiarism (I am not a lawyer). That is why someone (not me) asked you to let everyone know when you copy from BPE and I believe you do so.

regardless of the legal issue, IMO, if you copy and don't give credit, it is an ethical issue.

Shelby Township...
Level Contributor
693 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction on Miguel Hidalgo right off Marina Blvd.

So are all the business's in that area shut down now? Was hoping to visit Maro's again, but not sure if it will be open or if we will be able to get there??