We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurants

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
183 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Restaurants

When using the Los Cabos Passport card... what are your favorite restaurants and why?

We like to try Italian wherever we travel, so appreciate info on that option. And local flavors for another experience would be great.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Restaurants

I have no clue if it is on the passport card but if you want good Italian food I highly recommend checking out Salvatore's. By far, the best Italian food I've had! The portions are huge, enough for 2 people or lots of leftovers. Definitely a "don't miss" restaurant when you're visiting Cabo

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Restaurants

Salvatore's is great, and Romeo y Julietta was very good a year ago also. Don't know if they take the passport card, as I don't use it.

If you look up Trapper's restaurant list, you will find the places folks from TA like-with maps even!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Restaurants

Neither of the other posters answered your question about restaurants on the Passport Card, so I will tell you which ones I would eat at. I won't try to explain why other than to say that I like the food. In Cabo San Lucas I would go to Frank's Place, La Palapa the Gus, and Las Mariscadas (outstanding seafood). La Ricazon used to be a favorite, but I haven't been there in a while so who knows right now. I haven't tried it, but a lot of people really like Los Barriles, although I understand the road going past the restaurant is all torn up now. Just outside Cabo San Lucas I like Puerta Vieja. Their sister restaurant Villa Serena is OK, too, but I like Puerta Vieja better.

There are not a lot of choices for San Jose del Cabo at the moment. I don't think I would drive all the way out to the marina to eat at the Container, but if I happened to be out that way, I certainly would eat there. I haven't eaten at Cata Wine Bar, but I know people that have that enjoyed it, so I would probably try it as well. Shooters is a great place, but it's a sports bar. If that is the type of food your interested in, sure, go there.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Restaurants

Salvatories in by far tha best Italian in Cabo

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Restaurants

I loved Puerta Vieja...Rocky took me there for my birthday...what a fun time! Sadly the Cuban singer was sick the night we went...but there was a pianist with very good listening music. We both had the stuffed mahi mahi with seafood...mine was hold the octopus...and put it into Rocky's!!! The Caesar salad was very good and it was plated so beautifully. Rocky had the bread bowl soup...and it looked as good as he said it was. And desserts...oh...FLAN...incredible! The beautiful view was so special...and the restaurant was full! Such a great meal...and friend! Next year Linda will be able to travel...I missed her and our fun conversations...until next year! Rocky had the Passport card...and it worked with no problems at all.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Restaurants

Not a Passport user, but I wouldn't limit myself to the restaurants available on the Passport card since there are so many good ones in Cabo.

For cheap and delicious eats: Tacos Guss

For yummy Italian w/large (share!!) portions: Salvatores (I love the porketta)

Also, if you're into saving $$, check out the Los Cabos Guide voucher system. We use them every time we go to Cabo. They're just like cash -- you don't have to "buy one to get one" or worry about the individual limitations for each individual restaurant. Nothing to remember, nothing to keep straight. Just like cash, and they are good towards everything except the tip (food and drinks, no restrictions).

http://www.loscabosguide.com/discounts/

I've not personally used the Passport Card but, from what I gather, it's better for activities whereas the LCG Vouchers are better for restaurants. Of course, as I mentioned, I've not personally used the Passport Card (don't want to have to think that much while on vacation), so definitely do your own research.

Have a great time in Cabo.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Restaurants

The passport and the vouchers are great. Good way to save some money. More money for liquor

Edited: 04 February 2014, 21:09
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,171 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Restaurants

The best meal we had in Cabo with the passport card this trip was at Los Barriles. I love octopus and it was excellent here. The calamari there was just mouth watering. My pal said the Flan there,was the best he had anywhere. The service here was very good too.

If you have the passport card this place should be on your list.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Restaurants

I don't see any answers to your questions here.

My bride and I buy a Passport Card every year, but seldom use it for meals.

The reason(s)? Many of the restaurants are for dinner only, or for entrees only, or are two for one (My bride and I almost never order the same meal, and some items fall under the card, others do not.) Many of the places that we love serve such large portions that we simply split the order. We also seldom eat late at night, so that leaves us out....that, and many of our favorite places do not honor the card....even those that do often are a hassle. In general, good food at good restaurants is offered at a very good price, to begin with. We order what we want, when we want it, and pay for it.

Where the Passport Card shines (for us, at least) is excursions. Cabo Escape is our favorite (and one trip pays for the card), sailing is great fun, Paddle Board rentals, jet skis, etc... Oh, and don't forget Cabo Coffee. Great coffee and frappes, half price. We also buy our week's worth of coffee there, as well as some to take home!

We used vouchers in October for the first time, and they worked out great, but only because we were able to purchase them for those places that we know, and were confident that we would visit during our 10 days.

Check out the services that you can receive with your Passport Card. If you can pay for the card that way, then everything else is gravy!

Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
183 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Restaurants

Thank you everyone for your input! We won't dine exclusively on the card, but with 2 couples sharing the benefits, we think we will buy it and try a few places.

We are expecting a foot of snow here tomorrow, so Cabo sun sounds heavenly. Just hoping we don't get a storm that prevents our departure from the Northeast on Saturday the 15th!

See you soon,

Deb and Jim