We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

With all the talk about Polar Vortex, Pineapple Express, Ice storms, etc over the past few months, it's time to set our sights on warm weather, good times, and great fishing! Yes, fisherpeeps, I'm talking about the 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament, which will be held Oct 26th-Oct 29th in beautiful Cabo San Lucas! Not to be confused with the bigger, more expensive tournaments, our tournament, in its 8th year, is all about fun times and giving back to the best little fishing town in the worlld- Cabo! And unlike the other tournaments, we are a catch and release tournament for billfish, and we encourage the use of circular hooks for live bait fishing.

Last year we had a great tournament, with every boat catching at least 1 marlin, and many boats had multiple marlin hookups. In addition, most boats caught their limit of dorado. We have another favorable moon phase this year, and we are expecting to witness some outstanding fishing!

Slots in the very prestigious (cough) tournament are limited. You can find out more information at our website, www.tacabo.com, or you can send me a private message.

Fish on!!

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Thanks Buddy, I feel warmer already.

For those counting, it's 258 days away.....................

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

OK you convinced me I am in. Arriving in 19 days to practice fish.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

I'm right behind you. Landing in 33 days :-)

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Crossing my fingers I get to come down Oct. 27-Nov. 4th! So many of the gang I have wanted to meet over the years and can not wait a year to get back down again.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Lisa, I hope it works out. Tournament time is always a blast!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

We are booked and ready! Skipping our usual April trip this year to go to Florida so we will be ready for Cabo in the fall. 10/25-11/10!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

What...no April trip this year! We're going to miss ya! :)

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

It's our 20th anniversary so changing things up a bit. 1 week in Orlando (yes, we are weird and love Disney!) and then a week relaxing on the beach in Clearwater on the gulf side- can't wait!

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Got the go ahead from work, so have booked Villa del Palmar with Dan Oct. 20-25 and then Estancia Real 25-28. I at least will be in town for part of tourney and really looking forward to it.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2014 Black and Green Fishing Tournament

Ya!!!! Can't wait to see you and Dan!!