We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Novato, California
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

It took one and a half hours to get to the immigration desk Sat. afternoon. Is this the new norm. We usually go a day or two early so hav'nt arrived on a Sat for some years. Of course we got the red light and had our bags searched and they really don't want to let you out of the tank with out talking to someone. But I'm sitting on the balcony at old Solmar, sipping coffee and enjoying life. Cheers,

Dennis

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
236 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

We had about the same wait at Christmas, in PVR. We have never had lines like that. We took it as a sign that tourism is getting a lot better. We are heading to Cabo at Christmas, hope they have that mess cleaned up and more efficient by then.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

Good to know. I'll be prepared when i go next month.

I remember going to Puerto Vallarta when my twins were just babies. My wife needed to sit down, so we asked security where there was somewhere to sit. They brought her a wheel chair and zipped us through security. It wasn't our intention, but we got through lickety split. We tipped him of course, which I guess was what he was hoping for.

Eastern USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

That is the same time frame we encountered on Saturday, Feb, 8th. Sloooow, and a packed terminal. Once thru the initial Passport check and dropping off our immigration forms it moved very quickly. We didn't have to wait for the luggage to come off the conveyor, it was waiting for us, which is different.

We lucked out with a green light, hailed a porter and made it past the "sharks", outside to a waiting Cape Travel Shuttle for a most pleasant ride to Playa Grande. We love the porters, best way to navigate the terminal.

Cabo has been beautiful with a temp range low of 68 to 70 sunrise to 88 to 91 afternoon.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

You never know. 3 weeks ago I zipped thru everything as did my friends on different planes. I arrived at 3 pm and was surprised at how quickly things moved.

Just lucky I guess.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

I think Saturday is the worst which is why I avoid it at all costs and airfare is also higher on Sat usually.....but many TS weeks are from Sat to Sat so some don't have a choice....just one more reason to ad to the 400 others not to buy a timeshare.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

Or add a few days on either end like most of us do that are stuck in contracts ! Love those extra days...

Glad to hear you are now chillin at Solmar. Im sure a little delay was still worth the effort. Cant wait to get there myself...

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,331 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

I loved it when I used to be able to add those few extra days, but just being back at "old" Solmar makes any wait doable! Wishing I was there now in fact, but wondering just where I'll be when I do go! I am not happy my little home is now in the shade :( so am hoping I get to move to a 'penthouse' with sun! Enjoy your stay you lucky dog!

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

Came in on Wed the 5th on the Alaska nonstop from Seattle, got to the bottom of the escalators and saw a sea of humanity on both sides of the lines. Looked like Disneyland on a holiday weekend! Only 3 agents on each line. Didn't want to depress myself with the issue so didn't time it, but it was awhile. But now, on the deck looking out over the beautiful Sea of Cortez, it was just a speed bump on a beautiful month in Cabo!

Havin fun!!

Novato, California
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

Thanks for the replies. It is always better once an interesting travel day is behind you and being in Cabo is always a plus. The weather is beautiful and yesterday all but forgotten.

Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: One and a half hours from plane to get through immigration

wow.. we were so so lucky. Arrived Friday, Feb 7th around 10:30. 5th in line for customs, took minutes. Since I was well prepared for the shark tank I zoomed through repeating "go to the right" "go to the right"... heard someone mimic that and chuckle but no one even tried to stop us, haha. Went to our luggage, first few out were ours, hit the green light and our transportation was there waiting... took all of about 15 min..... now the last time we went to Cancun was a horror story, lol