We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Travel Services

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Global Travel Services

It looks like they have changed there name again and they now call themselves Global Travel Services, my wife and I visited them today February 4, 2014 and it was pretty much the same thing they would buy my other timeshares and I would net $6500 and I would receive a total of 4 weeks a year 2 at Cabo San Lucas Country Club or Cabo Vieja and 2 anywhere else each year. I could take the 2 Cabo San Lucas Country Club and give it back to them and I would get $2000 a year for the next 5 years. I told them I needed to do some research first and I would comeback the next day and do the deal ( sounded to good to be true) I tried doing research on Global Travel Services and couldn't find anything I eventually found this thread, in this day and time if you can't google and find anything on a company then odds are it's not legitimate and obviously Global Travel Services is not legitimate, they do make it sound very promising and a way to end maintance fees and you fill like you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. BUT THATS NOT THE CASE GLOBAL TRAVEL SERVICES IS A SCAM AND BEWARE

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Travel Services

Where did you do the tour? You stayed at HE..Was it there?

What a scam...we did the tour at HE a couple years ago and it was a different "scam"

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Travel Services

Did the tour at Cabo San Lucas Country Club

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Travel Services

Yep they would have you sign over your Timeshares, but you would never see the money promised nor your Timeshares again.

Was there any mention of a Web Site in which you would receive a "password" to at a later date???

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Travel Services

They did show us a website where you could get all these great deals but the more I thought about it I knew that was a fake website. They had answers for everything and they were pretty smooth, I can see how people could be taken in by them. The bottom line is if something sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Global Travel Services

Yet some people are so desperate to get rid of their time shares,They actually bite and sign over their shares.Probably as unethical as the Lion Cub folks.Desperation makes people grasp for things that they normally would not consider

Edited: 17 February 2014, 14:28
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Global Travel Services

Hi i would like to apologize for the miss understanding about have GTS and country club we have being in business at the country club for the last 4 years and counting few years ago one company had a diffrent sale room and sold there there own program but had nothing to do with country club or GTS IF ANY ONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE FILL FREE TO REACH US AT 624 1433927 BETTWEN 8AM TO 3PM ASK FOR THOMAS SEAL IAM THE LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR GTS PLEASE LETS GET THESE CLEAR AND GET ALL THE MISSUNDERSTANDING CORRECT THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Global Travel Services

"some people are so desperate to get rid of their time shares"

VP - there by the grace of TA advice could have been you. Aren't you happy you did not buy a TS

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Global Travel Services

Yes Thank you very much Cabo Carl and to the rest of the TA gang for waking me up to reality.I cannot believe I almost bought a Time share.Glad I dodged that bullet

Edited: 19 February 2014, 02:27
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
539 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Global Travel Services

Too good to be true is right! Get it all in writing as one other TA'er had said about Globequest in another forum and for sure they would find some excuses not too.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 16:03
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Global Travel Services

My boyfriend and I just got back from Cabo. We were approached at a restaurant at the Marina to tour Cabo Vieja and promised $300.00 in cash AND a week at the resort to use after 3 months of time had gone by from the date of touring of the resort. That morning they picked us up, took us to a different resort, Los Cabos Country Club and proceeded to show us around. We saw a couple of units (studio and 1 bedrooms where they could be locked off together if needed). The sales pitch included buying my timeshare and getting 4 weeks at resort but they would buy back 2 weeks each year for 5 years. We would get 2000 a year for the sale of the weeks. I did not want to sell my timeshare so the salesman took a different approach. I told him I did not have any extra money at this time. He then proceeded to tell me that he would sell the 2 weeks for $1.00 (yes $1.00) and then I would sign a contract to sell back the weeks to them for 10 years to pay the sale price of the deal. He then proceeded to get in our face and tell us that we had no intentions of purchasing and that we were a waste of their time. BY NOW, I was shaking and upset that this rude salesperson was making me very uncomfortable. He let us go and when we were to receive our gifts by a different person. They first said they could not find my timeshare and did not believe I owned one. (I think they were trying to get out of giving the gifts). I told him that I did and by now I was visibly upset and he left and returned with $200.00. Said that was it and got us a taxi to our home resort. THIS IS A SCAM and they will not give you what they promise you. I owe 3 timeshares and LOVE them. If these were FREE, I would not accept them from this company. BAD experience for sure. I hope this helps someone from being pulled into this situation.

Tammy - Colorado