We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

New Baltimore...
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

Just looked at our reservations and it appears we will be in Building 1 which according to what I can see on the property map wouldn't have much of an Ocean View...which we are paying for. Can anyone verify this?

Also which buildings are best for a good view of the ocean?

Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

It is my understanding that Building 7 is the only one with Ocean views. If you paid for an Oceanview room that's the building you should be in. Sure the 1 isn't actually a 7?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,810 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

In case anyone comes to this thread with the same question, here is a sideways resort map: riubambu.com/RIU_WEB_PAGES/…SanteFe.jpg and a regular map: wikimapia.org/…bs

Yes, only Building 7 is beachfront and only Building 7 has ocean views.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

Unless it is a POV, and you 'may' see a tiny bit of the Sea of Cortez, then you shouldn't be in a section w/no view. OV definitely means a clear view of the ocean-even if it is a distant view..........POV gets trickier, as it can mean you have to stand on your tip toes, and perhaps look around other things. Hopefully, that 1 is really a 7!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

NO ocean view in building 1. We just got back and building one is actually the furthest you can get from the ocean. We were in building 3, a brisk 3.5 minute walk to the beach. You should call and tell them you only want to be charged for a regular room or to put you in building 7.

I loved this resort and would return again.

New Baltimore...
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

The line item on my invoice reads:

Hotel 1 Riu Santa Fe AI OCEAN VW

I assumed "Hotel 1" meant Building 1 but maybe not. I'll have my travel agent look into it to be sure.

Thanks for the endorsement Waldo. We're looking forward to it.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

Don't know where you made your reservations but my experience has always been that if a person books Ocean Front or Ocean view they will place you in Building 7. They know that all the other buildings do not have the above.

360 degree view of the building 7 Beach and ocean view rooms Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas Mexico INFINITY POOL AND BEACH AREA.

http://youtu.be/503D6cMhKME

360 degree view of THE QUIET POOL at the Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas Mexico (NO OCEAN VIEWS)

http://youtu.be/8pJ7W-X1EJE

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

Just saw your number 5 post.

I think the "Hotel 1" is your travel agents method of indicating that your First Hotel that you are staying at is the Rui Santa Fe and that you are booked for AI OCEAN VW. As there is NO "Hotel 2" mentioned it means that you are not staying at any other hotels on this trip.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 20:36
New Baltimore...
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

Thanks FSMdude. I'll double check it all but that makes me feel better.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

I agree, Hotel 1 is probably not building 1. I am 55 years old and had to lug mine and my wife's luggage up to the third floor (21 steps per floor) I'm in good shape but older folks or people not in good health should book building 7 ( the only building with an elevator)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Sante Fe - Which buildings offer best ocean views?

I agree-pretty sure that '1' has nothing to do with the building, but since you have an agent, that person will easily be able to tell you just what it means. My guess-though when I was an agent-we didn't list hotels like that-is that it does refer to it being the first hotel in your itin., and in this case-the only one.............perhaps Travel Judy will see this and clarify, as she is still a working agent, as are a couple other regular posters. I've been out of the industry too long now to know for sure.