We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home from another wonderful trip!

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Home from another wonderful trip!

Would have loved to stay longer but our furry 4 legged friends missed us and vice versa. Not looking forward to the forecast of snow and single digit temps.

Ive been visiting CSL for 20 years and just a few years checking out San Jose and other towns in southern Baja..just love the place.

Great weather, eats, fishing and meeting a few TA members and seeing some old locals who have become friends.

New countdown is 321..;) all set for 2015 and already looking forward to it. Hope fully catch a fish or 2 in the meantime.

Thx for the advice and see you all next year!

Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Where did you stay this year

We just returned from VDP and RIU Palace, considering another trip soon at a different hotel

Boston
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

We stayed 1 week at Playa Grande, 2 weeks at Grand Solmar and 2 weeks at Grand Mayan.

I don't like driving and prefer walking to town. Solmar Beach and San Jose are so different that it's like 2 separate trips.

Next year, 2 weeks on Medano Beach at Pueblo Bonita Rose, 2 weeks at Grand Solmar and 2 weeks on the marina at Marina Fiesta.. 3 hotels that I've stayed at before and obviously like and3very different experiences.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,751 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

5-6 weeks?!!

So awesome!!!

I officially hate you...just teasing:))

Any new good eats or places this visit?

Boston
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Mostly cooked in with fish we caught and veggies from the Pedregal Farmers Mkt.

Hit some old favorites, Gordo Lele, Los Claros, Mariscos Mazatlan, Tres Islas, Terminal, Patagonia and a Tacos El Paisa.

IN San Jose, La Panga was very good. Good fish and shrimp at La Herradura.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

So 9lives.....I saw you posted on medchris' trip report saying you caught too many fish for a massage. And you mentioned Victor....is that on the Santi in a Panga ? I'm thinking about a day trip myself this April/May and am thinking about checking him out. I know Mijo talks highly about him , how about you ? I haven't fished from a Panga in a few years now. I always take out the cruisers. I think to go out alone and slay some inshore species would be a hoot !

Boston
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Yes, Victor on Santi.

this was my first trip with Victor after learning of him thru Mijo and a few other mentions on here.

Very professional and skilled fisherman. All equipment well maintained. I had a poolside conversation with a guy who foolishly picked a random panga and lost a few fish due to gear that failed. It's not uncommon, particularly on smaller, less expensive boats. It takes. $ to keep the gear up to date and victor provides it.

I have fished on larger boats but it's a different experience in a small boat and going alone, you get all the fish..;)

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

I did it a few times years ago with JC`s Panga but his awesome captain left. Then we tried a few others and my wife almost divorced me over a really bad day out when the water got rough and the captain didn`t care about anything other than getting in. We fought a Marlin for hours thinking it was huge but it was wrapped up and my wife fought `her own`` Marlin. We were late so the captain grabbed the rod out of her hand , snapped it off , threw the rod down , and full steam ahead ruining everything on board and almost us. Needles to say , haven`t used a Panga since.

For me it doesn`t matter but I always had her with me. Not this trip.....she`s staying with the boy. So I`m probably going to do the 1 day alone. I always share the cruisers and let everyone else bring in all the fish. This would be a day for me and I bet it will be a lot of fun. I have caught most of the species minus a Wahoo. Casting into the rocks for Snapper was really cool. Best fight was probably a Yellowtail. Yeah , I think I just convinced myself.....need to pick a date and give Victor a shout. Thanks........can`t wait !

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Where is the Pedregal farmers market? We'll be staying at Cabo Villas. Would love to stop there. Sme nice fresh fruit would be nice for my yogurt in the morning or a nice snack.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,153 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Good read, and am envious of the length of your stay!!!!!!!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Home from another wonderful trip!

Jenn--

There is a side entrance to Pedregal. It is off the road to Sunset Beach just out of town a little ways. It is on a cobblestone street. No signs for the farmers market but you will see a Pedregal sign. I don't know the name of the street. Fun to go to. :-)