We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

I am going to Cabo San Lucas and staying at the Hacienda 4/17-4/21. I will be celebrating a special birthday and would love restaurant recommendations for that night and other favorite restaurants too.

thanks!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
27 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

If you're going to leave the Hacienda its going to be hard to match that value!

How about the Edith's for a great albeit overpriced experience!?

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Hacienda cantina and Cocina at your hotel is very nice http://haciendacocina.com

Maro's if you want it super casual and fun.

El Farallon at Capella is very nice but expensive.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

I assume you will eat at Hacienda Cantina and Cocina since you are staying there. I'd go to El Farallon. Very pricey - but great view and setting and good food.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

I would celebrate a special birthday on the Caborey ! Sunset Dinner Cruise......the meal is fantastic , the views don't get any better than from the water , it's a 144' ship so no rocking , goes by the Arch and into the pacific. Once your fine dining experience is over you get a Latin show. I didn't mention the live band either did I ? Very nice casual atmosphere and adult oriented. A "do not miss" in my book..........

caborey.com/caborey-sunset-dinner-sunset-din…

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,905 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Hew24...are there mostly couples on this dinner cruise? Set up to be romantic? Would me being alone stick out like a broken thumb? I like that it isn't the all you can drink/puke type of cruise! Saw way too many people being carried back to the cruise ship pier from those...and it was not a pretty site!

P.S. Solomon's birthday cheesecake was sure good...candles, lots of singing...how fun!

Edited: 27 February 2014, 21:39
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Yes and no Judy.......lots of couples but groups as well. They seat you with other people anyway. Tables on the top deck where the live band plays are mostly 4 seaters........if you are a twosome , they will seat another pair with you. Or if there's 3 of you , they would put you with them , if you didn't do that yourself already. Dinner down below is the same. They will pair up couples to a table of 4 unless you are celebrating something special , then they will leave it just the 2 of you. You would love it ! The food is amazing and you are well taken care of. I think the higher price keeps the younger crowd away.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Web site for the El Farallon restaurant is www.capellapedregal.com/ click on the dining tab.

The Sunset Da Mona lisa restaurant has a romantic view also and is on some discount programs.

www.sunsetmonalisa.com/

Edited: 27 February 2014, 22:15
Southington...
Level Contributor
227 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

El fallaron is great. Mona Lisa has the view but food just bit about average. I have had two of the best nights of my life at Esperanza. I say nights because I mean food, service, view etc. Its pricey like el fallarron. Plan to go early for a drink at the bar (overlooking the water) then eat on the cliffs. After head to sitting area where they have mellow live music to relax with an after dinner drink.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Club Cascadas is a nice venue, also not mentioned very much on this forum is a restaurant down the street from El Esquina and Ediths. I don't remember the spanish name but in English it is "Artichoke Heart"

the food was fantastic.

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best restaurant to celebrate a special birthday

Hacienda Cocina would be our favorite

A couple more close rivals would be Cascadas Beach Grill, and Puerta Vieja