We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

can anyone share their experience driving from Cabos San Lucas to Magdalena bay? We have a car and want to do a day trip. I know we will be getting up early, but that is alright. Is it safe to drive? anything to watch out for? Is it better to go up toward Todos la Santos or back toward town and up highway 1.

any information would be appreciated! thank you, Alison

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,222 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

bumping for info!

2. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 01:05
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,222 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

I don't know what was removed, but I am so hoping some of you can help Alison!

Arizona
Level Contributor
852 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

Mapquest puts the drive at 4 1/2 hours to Ciudad Constitucion, and figure another hour or more to reach the water. Have not been there, but looks to be too much without an overnight up there somewhere.

I thought Los Barriles was a long day up and back with lunch and sightseeing thrown in, but that was me and swmbo :) That day was over 2 hours each way, but granted, we were not in a hurry.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

not sure why the post was removed either. From what I have heard, it will be between a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive. Safe, but watch out for cattle. We are heading up and staying the night and doing the tour in the morning. I will post about it when I get back and try to give more details. thanks for your help

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,222 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

I'm so glad you are going, and definitely looking forward to reading about it when you return!

7. Re: driving from Cabo San Lucas to Magdalena bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:16