We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Seattle, Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

what is the latest info on fishing the SJD area? Will be arriving in about a week.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,985 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

Many of the charter fishing companies have reports on their web sites. This one was posted recently.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k70469…

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

Fishing has been really hot for striped marlin out of Cabo, mainly on the Golden Gate bank - some boats releasing 10 fish or more!

Hopefully it will stay that way for you. Don't think things are quite so good down in the Sea of Cortez

Good Luck.

Arizona
Level Contributor
893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

we like to fish with Gordo Banks Pangas, Eric has a good group there at Puerto Los Cabos marina. here's his fish report: http://gordobanks.com/category/fish-reports/

Boise, Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

I went with a panga out of Palmilla early morning on the 28th of Feb. Was out about 4 1/2 hours and caught 5 small rooster fish. First time fishing and kind of disappointed there wasn't more action or variety. Does this sound normal? I thought if I stayed near shore there would likely be smaller fish, but more fish and more action. Wasn't interested in trying to catch a marlin all day. So hard to know if I just wasn't with the right guy or it was just a slow day.

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

Tommidaho,

People will tell you they have had great luck this time of year but traditionally from late February until Mid may is considered slow season. I'm not surprised. Still beats 2 feet of snow and -20*!

F4B

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

it's only 20 below there buddy? Lucky....!

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing

I could use your help next weekend getting my shack off the ice. You available? :)

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing

sure! I'll bring the matches:)

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing

You will need more than matches..:))

Miss my boys:(

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fishing

Glynnis send Bill to help too! Tell him to bring lots of bottles with clear liquid. We'll get it done.

Matches! You're some help Mn.