We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or not?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive or not?

I typically go to Mazatlan and food is so good and so inexpensive that I never go all inclusive. What would you recommend in Cabo?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,023 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or not?

Not

The Top Questions on the right has ideas for resorts and for restaurants.

I wouldn't say that the food in Cabo is "inexpensive", but it's certainly good.

San Bruno...
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or not?

Food in cabo and everything else is very expensive !!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or not?

AI is good if you enjoy lots of expensive cocktails (IMO) but there are so many great places to eat in Cabo, I wouldn't do AI. I don't find it expensive to eat in town, and there are some wonderful choices. Another plus is that so many places serve such large portions, there is usually plenty left over for another meal "at home". My friend and I usually share dinners, and still may have enough for a lunch! It is simply a matter or choice, and also looking for the places that aren't 'expensive'-which is relative to each individual. I can be totally filled up on one of those great Gordo Lele's tacos for lunch..........w/iced tea or a coke and only spend a couple of dollars..............or fish & chips at the Tiki Bar for just a little bit more.........and dinners can be had for really doable prices.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or not?

I would never recommend AI anywhere (well most anywhere) including Cabo so put me down for a NOT.

I also dont agree that food and everything else is expensive in Cabo. Just like anywhere you can find food and drink options in all price ranges.

B.C.
Level Contributor
986 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or not?

The food in Cabo is soooo great and we don't find it expensive! Everything is fresh and tastes amazing! It's easy to pick up groceries,snacks and alcohol at good prices, or even have groceries delivered by whereincabo.com.

Check out Trapper's List under top questions. Easy to not do AI in Cabo :)

Miller Place, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive or not?

NOT -I really don't get the whole AI concept - do you really eat and drink all that you are charged for? Like anywhere in Cabo you can eat expensive or inexpensive. I would never do AI no matter where I went.

Northern Cali
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive or not?

I've done it both ways and find that AI food gets old fast. BUT, if you're a big drinker, it might be the way to go.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive or not?

Thanks so much. Of the 18 trips I've taken to Mexico I've only done AI once. Now to figure out the best place to stay....close to town, awesome pool, not too expensive.....

Edited: 02 March 2014, 23:32
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,023 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive or not?

The Top Questions is a great place to start. There is even info about renting the room/suite from a timeshare owner and avoiding the high hotel tax (exact same room!)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive or not?

You might look at renting from an owner as PNW said! That is oft times your best bet. I prefer being on Solmar Beach, personally. It is a short walk (5-10 mins.) to the Marina and town, and you can even walk to Medano Beach in around 30 mins., if you don't stop and wander. Playa Grande, TerraSol, and the SolMar Beach Club (PG has the better pools of those) and you may even find a good deal through an owner at the new Grand Solmar.