We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

What a joke of a resort!

My fiancé and I had read nothing but great reviews about this place, only to get here and run into some major issues that now have cost us our trip!

We had to first wait on another couple arguing with Marcel the smug manager behind the counter.

Once that argument was done since they were getting screwed over too, he came to us and we weren't getting either of the requests we had asked for and in trying to come up with a solution he just shrugged it off like it was no big deal and we were lucky to even be there!

Next I spoke with Lorenia who was very nice and seemed to have it solved but then needed "a couple days" to make it work. This is when I raised my voice in frustration just to say "Come on! That's unacceptable". The security came in and asked me to wait in a side room upstairs.

This is where it gets good:

The General Manager "Paulino Emiliano" came in to see me. He apologizes for the mistakes and errors and has all the emailed information I had sent etc. and he gets his guy Abraham to go check to get us our requests met. He didn't have an option that minute and he knew we were hungry so he had Abraham go with us to our current room and said within a half hour he'd have a solution for us. We left happy with this and went up to change. We told Abraham to meet us back at 6 as he was getting us a reservation earlier to also take care of us.

What happened next still has me in disbelief. After all that, Abraham arrived at 6 and asks for just me, not my fiancé to come with him to the lobby and that Paulino is "ready for me". I am thinking wow he's great. Already a solution.

I go downstairs and back to that same back room and get told that I am being EVICTED from the hotel. That he talked to his staff and due to me raising my voice I cannot be there anymore. My fiancé can stay tho (as if she actually would).

He had no excuse beyond this and his only claim was that alcohol is free all week so anything could happen, yet this encounter had absolutely nothing to do with alcohol at all!

They straight out lied and apologized, only to go back on their word 30 mins later and now we are sitting in a hotel we had to pay for waiting for WestJet to hopefully find us somewhere new. Paulino offered money back so that will be there excuse but the problem there is all the money goes to WestJet first so technically he isn't refunding anything. WestJet is.

Wendhi from WestJet has been awesome so far in trying to help us out and hopefully today we will have a solution.

And to think we were planning on having our wedding there! (Had appt with their wedding coordinator)

I will be complaining to the Sandos ownership team when I get back for SURE!

Just wanted to make people aware here of the terrible service and reaction we received from Sandos, and by what I saw in the 15 minutes I was at the front desk area, there will be a LOT more complaints you'll see on here.

Thanks

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,321 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Unfortunate experience. I hope the rest of your trip goes well, and you find a suitable place to stay. Things do happen.

Let us know where you ended up.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

I also hope your WestJet person is able to find you another property, and that the rest of your trip is good. Please do keep us posted on how things work for you, and try to enjoy the rest of Cabo. So sorry the start was so miserable.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Sounds like a tough ordeal, In your original post you did not detail out what the actual issue was, it is clear that what ever it was, it was not handled right at all, but it would be good to know what they failed to deliver on in the first place.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
460 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

What were the request that you were not getting?

napa, ca
Level Contributor
915 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

My guess would be the bedding situation. We had that issue and more than two handfuls of people while we where there also had the same problem.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Yes it was the bedding. We wanted either a king size for ourselves or we would pass that up to be beside our friends. They said they had given us an upgrade but we offered to give that to someone else so we could be beside each other in the lower end rooms and in turn our room could be an upgrade for someone else. Win win in my opinion.

The west jet lady who is very nice found us a spot but at a price of $1100 more for myself and my friends to move to. We accepted as we have no choice it seems. My friends didn't have to move but they came to see us and be down here with us so not really an option

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Thanks for the heads up, these resort operators are pretty notorious for treating the guests like they are doing them a favor by allowing them to stay at the resort, I am glad you posted this and would encourage others to share their experiences with poor service at the resorts as well, it is the only way to get them to change, they need to feel it in the pocketbook!

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

I guess I would also leave a negative review on their hotel review section

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Not siding with the resort, but it sounds like you had a room, just not to your liking. I would assume they are like other resorts in Cabo and give deferrence to owners. When you made the reservation were you guaranteed a certain type of room?? Also raising voice probably did help matters either. Like the old saying goes you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Just sayin .

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandos Finisterra SCAM RESORT

Actually at Finesterra Naz the old timeshare owners get the worst rooms since Sandos is not a timeshare resort BUT if you switch to Sandos Vacation club you will get the best rooms. Seems to me that the OP emailed the resort his "requests" which the Fin could not accommodate (he did say they were requests so its not like he paid for something he didn't get) and he threw a loud fit in the lobby so they moved him to a room so he wouldn't upset other guests.....then after thinking over his tantrum they figured how will he might act later after a bunch of free drinks and decided to 86 him. I think Naz's honey might have been a better option.......as for my trip there in Oct I gave them LOTS of honey prior to my visit and not only received everything I "requested" but a whole lot more!