We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo for 1.5ish days

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo for 1.5ish days

Before we go to Los Barriles we're stay in Cabo for a day and half to shop, eat, and drink before we head off to Los Barriles.

Mainly heading to Cabo so we can see the Arches and lovers/divorces beaches. We have a few that intend to Snorkel these areas as well.

Here are a few questions:

Is the best way to experience these places by just getting on a water Taxi and getting dropped off? Will the water Taxi's provide a decent photo opportunity of the arches/sea lions (if they don't - it's okay - we plan to take a sunset cruise)

Is Lovers beach decent snorkeling or is there another beach relatively close to the area that's better?

The main question, is this do-able in a few hours? Say in the mid morning to afternoon so we can go enjoy a good lunch before our next adeventure?

I had thought about experiencing the beaches by a kayak tour, but I wasn't sure anyone else from my group would want to do this and I wasn't sure how long they would give you to roam around on the beaches.

And Any any advice on an afternoon adventure for us before our dinner and cruise?

Thanks for your help!

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo for 1.5ish days

The water taxis will pick you up, bring you on a little tour around el Arco, to see the sea lions, pelican rock, the rock shaped like California, etc, and over to the Pacific side. They'll give you plenty of opportunities to take pics of everything. They'll drop you off at Lover's Beach and you tell them when to come back for you. A couple hours between breakfast and lunch is plenty of time. You can have them drop you off at Medano Beach or the marina so you can have a nice lunch. For the afternoon, maybe you can check out the beach bars on Medano or walk the marina. Medano will have lots of vendors so you can shop there, or you can shop at the marina or in town. That's what I would do anyway, others can tell you about actual adventurous stuff like zip lining or riding 4 wheelers. It's Cabo, there's so much or so little to do, you choose.

Arizona
Level Contributor
833 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo for 1.5ish days

Like Jenn said above, the water taxi can give you the tour around the point, and the snorkling at Pelican rock is decent - morning should be not as busy as the afternoons. Pelican rock is to the right as you come into Lovers beach on the boat. Suggest that while in Los Barriles you take a day trip south to Cabo Pulmo for some snorkling .

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo for 1.5ish days

Thanks for the suggestions!

We will definetly check out the Snorkle Place south of LB. We have a day or two or excursions when we're not fishing and Snorkling is on the top of the list!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,018 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo for 1.5ish days

I pm'd you, Holly re: your pm.

5. Re: Cabo for 1.5ish days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:20