We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

Hi there. We are a family of four - two adults, two kids - and we plan to do a "escape" with Cabo Escapes (they have a pirate theme boat for snorkeling/whale watching) and we will most likely go out to lunch or dinner at least once a day. My husband is a veggie but does eat fish so I think most restaurants will work for us. We do have younger kids (5, 10) so won't be hitting any "fancy" places. LOL. Also hope to rent kayaks, SUP's, etc and we're staying at Villa del Arco. Based on this would you recommend the Cabo Passport deal or the Vouchers? I'm always open to saving money :-) so I'm considering both - just wondering if one was better then the other. We will NOT golf or go deep sea fishing. Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,343 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

Hi

I think it makes sense to read about what is currently offered by Los Cabos Guide Vouchers and which places are included on the Los Cabos Passport.

There are some great vegetarian dishes at a variety of restaurants, but a pescatarian will have more options than a vegetarian.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
413 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

I have used the Vouchers every trip (Never used the passport) and I love the vouchers! I like that you can pick which ones you want and return the unused vouchers (in the same condition) and get your money back!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

One of the best things about the vouchers are that you can use them for the entire bill- appitizers, entrees, desserts and drinks! With the passport card you can usually only use it to get a 2nd entree free. Read the fine print for each restaurant as there are different restrictions for each one. Some have half the menu that doesn't qualify for a discount.

Using vouchers, you just order whatever you want and use them to pay for your meal. So easy! We do use both but only because I usually "win" a passport card each year. But if I had to pay for it I wouldn't buy it because the vouchers just work so much better for us. The fact that they are 100% refundable if you don't use them makes them even better.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
994 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

I think you'll probably need to know what restaurants will give you the best options for vegetarian food for the two discount options and then check to see whether the vouchers or passport card would be good for those restaurants. The vegetarians in the forum need to chime in with restaurants they enjoy.

We use both, mainly because there are a couple restaurants we like to go to that do not particapate in the voucher program, but are part of the passport card program. We mainly get the vouchers for a couple activities we like to do, which are not on the passport card.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

We too, use both, but have found that the Passport Card shines for excursions. We've used it for private sailing, snorkeling, Jet Pack, Cabo Submarine, SUPs, Cabo Escape, Cabo Coffee, and an occasional dinner.

The Passport Card only works at a few of the restaurants that we frequent, and then (usually) only for dinner, and for entries only. No drinks, no sides.

My bride and I typically eat a hearty breakfast and a late lunch, not always a dinner.

We buy vouchers for the restaurants that we know we will eat at, and can use them for any meal, and all expenses (except tips!)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

The answer is both - you have to adjust your trip to the restaurants and activities you wish to have discounts on....

Both companies offer incredible savings - love going to Shooters in San Jose - great hockey for Canadians on the Passport Card.

You get immediate value on excursions and activities with the Passport Card - wonderful for tours.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 16:56
Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

I use vouchers every trip as well. Never had an issue. I highly recommend!

California
Level Contributor
298 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

Is Passport card any better than the haggling you can do with most of the excursion vendors anyway?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

They are both good for different reasons.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Cabos Passport vs. Vouchers - which is better?

I can only suggest that we have always received half price with our Passport Card, without the haggling. If you can haggle better than that, you should most certainly go for that.

We always find it entertaining (NOT) to stand in line and watch the "wheeler-dealers" try to beat up the vendors.