We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chico, California
13 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Heading to Cabo at the end of this month and wondering what the cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End is.. Thanks!

Report inappropriate content

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
907 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Well I could give you the dirt cheap way (as long as your careful, you could trip and hurt yourself just like at home, but here the hospital visit will be a lot more expensive) to get to Lover's Beach and Divorce Beach, walk/hike the way. But to the Arch you'd have take a water taxi, think that's the cheapest way to see that.

But you can walk from the locals beach, its at the end of the road by the Navy Yard. I suggest you do it at low tide and that allows you to walk more on the sand and less climbing, but I have not found a time that your either not climbing at all, there is at least 3 spots you need to do a bit of a climb. And then there are a few spots that are more of a hike, up and over rocks. We've done it the last 2 times. There are usually locals who will be nice enough to point you in the best direction, and or follow as they head the same direction. This is different then the climb from the Solmar beach to Divorce Beach.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 19:17
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,856 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

It's not tough to scramble over the rocks from Solmar Beach to Divorce Beach, but you can only access Lovers Beach from here. You can't get to the Arch or Lands End.

Maybe walk to Lovers Beach, then ask for a $5 water taxi ride back to the marina with a quick peek at the Arch & Lands End.

Photo w/ labels …google.com/PNWFamily/…5422288084455113842

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

We were offered a glass bottomed boat to take us to see the arch and Lovers beach - we could have also been dropped off for snorkelling for 1 - 2 hours for 10 USD. We had already seen the arch etc on whale watching and snorkelling trips so decided to walk to Lovers beach instead!

Edited: 15 March 2014, 16:17
Bancroft, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Although you can walk /swim/climb there as described above the best way there and return is a $10.00 glass bottom boat ride from Medanno Beach area

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,856 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

I think the easiest & fastest way to get there is via water taxi / glass bottom boat. But that isn't the cheapest way.

You can walk past the Riu Santa Fe and see The Arch & Land's End a few miles across the water.

Maybe we can hear more from the Original Poster about the travel group and/or travel style.

Chico, California
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Thanks everyone for the tips! I am thinking we would like to go by boat.. There will be 7-9 of us, so can you rent an entire water taxi for that.. Are the glass bottom boat rides $10 per person? Thanks again!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Generally speaking Yes it is pretty much what you can negotiate.

Approach an operator and ask for the charge then go ask the next one usually it is per person.

Keep in mind once over there you need to wait for that guy for your pickup as others will take you back but for a charge.

Is it worth it not in my mind but that is what people like, not sure what the big deal is it is just a beach that costs money to go to.

Vancouver B.C...
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

I agree with the other posts. It's only a short walk and $5 ride back. If you are lucky he boat will "detour" around the arch (if other passengers are on a "sightseeing tour"). Also - and this is important - as you reach the end of the sea-wall walk on the way there (at the end of the large indoor market there's a ramp a bit below eye level) you will see (don't miss it!) - starting about mid-afternoon - fish (mainly marlin) that have been caught that day being cut up. There were 8 last time we were there. The real fun is watching up to 50 pelicans fighting over the scraps. Bring your camera/video.

Phoenix AZ
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Don't post often, lurk more, but.

The climb from Solmar Beach is no problem at all, just take your time.

If you time your visit correctly, tides, sand build up, so forth, you can get lucky and actually walk under the arch.

I have. My understanding that conditions only align for this about every 7 years or so (no idea why). But I do have a picture of the wife and I standing under the arch, water no where to be found. There is a cave right by there you pass by also.

Cool as heck!

(used to have a time share at the old Solmar, sold it when the rebuild started, need to make it back - miss Cabo!)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest way to get to Lover's Beach/Arch/Lands End?

Swim.