We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande Room Layout

Minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playa Grande Room Layout

Hi,

I have tried asking the concierge this question to no avail. Can anyone tell me if I am remembering correctly that in the 1 BR units at Playa Grande - there is a murphy bed that comes out of the wall in the living room? I know there is a pull out but we have our 2 boys coming this year and they typically prefer separate beds.

Thank you!!

Novato, California
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

That is my experience of the one bedroom, murphy bed and pullout. Have a good trip,

Dennis

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

I am not sure about the ridge one bedrooms, but on the lower 40, there is a sofa bed...(pretty damn hard) and a pull out cot, it does not full out from the wall but rather from a "box" next to the wall, but to answer the question there are two separate beds in the living room, aside from the bed in the bedroom.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 20:36
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,830 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

The lower 40 had a cot that is in a "box" like Cabo cpl says. Never used it. The pull out couch isn't bad-at least not the one in my unit ;) That 'cot' is probably not too comfy for an adult!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
996 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

If your boys are still small than they probably won't have a problem with the beds on the living room. If they're big, the one who gets stuck on the cot might not be too happy, it's a twin size, pretty small and it's a thin mattress on it. I think kids are more tolerant with sleeping arrangements than adults. I have friends who will sleep in the chair on the balcony if it meant they could go to Cabo. :)

Eastern USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

lllyj My friends would agree with your friends. The lower 40 one bedrooms have the fold out sofa. This can be a decent bed with the addition of an eggcrate foam which the maid will bring and assemble the bed for you. There is as others have said a cot stored in the slim wooden buffet in the living room area. The linens for cot and fold out sofa are usually stored in the cabinet and the closet. Maid will make these beds for you.

The ridge had a twin size cot and a queen sized murphy bed in the living room area in the units we have used there. These in addition to the bed located in the master bedroom. We always ask for one or two eggcrate foams to be added to the murphy bed, because it is a little firm for our liking.

remember to tip the maid, for the extras. They are wonderful, hard-working people, and are so appreciative of what they receive.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

Thank you everyone!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,830 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

Oh-another thought. There isn't a lot of 'storage' for those sleeping in the living room, but since the kitchen is large, and if you aren't doing a lot of cooking, etc., there should be cupboards and drawers that can be used for storing folded clothes, etc. It is weird, but works!

Red Deer, AB Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

Sorry to tack on to another post but can you tell me if the 1 bedrooms at Playa Grande have 2 bathrooms?

Thanks

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

Yes the one bedroom, master suite in this case, has a a Murphy bed just off the kitchen. Very comfortable room in my opinion.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,830 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Grande Room Layout

Yes, there is a bath with a shower just off the kitchen/living area-no storage-thus more use for the kitchen drawer. The last time I was down, the only decent make up mirror was in the main bath ;)