We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware United Airlines

houston
Level Contributor
111 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Beware United Airlines

We bought first class United tickets to Cabo last August for March 8 - March 22. February 3, they sent us an email saying they had changed the planes, and to notice the changes in red. The only changes in red were the time. l looked at the email a day later, and noticed we didn't have seats for the flight down there (which was full), and were in row 29 for the flight back. I called United and managed to get on the next flight (which left 2 hours later), but we had to come back a day earlier. The manager I talked who changed the tickets opened up a 'customer care' thing to get some of our money back or at least get points (which I can NEVER use). Guess what - got a reply from United 'customer care' and this is what they replied:

"Seat assignments are not guaranteed. Unforeseen operational changes, such as aircraft substitutions, can occur at any time due to maintenance and unexpected schedule adjustments. When customers are transferred to a different aircraft, the system attempts to reassign seats as close to the original seats as possible.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse you for the inconvenience, loss of time or absorb the cost of unused prepaid hotel accommodations, special events or ground transportation at your destination. "

So I guess if you buy your tickets 6 months in advance, it doesn't mean anything. And if you pick your seat assignments, that doesn't mean anything either.

Just wanted to let everybody know to check your tickets

btw - United is the ONLY airline that flies direct from Houston, or we'd try another airline.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware United Airlines

wow....that's bad Customer Service. If they make changes and can't accommodate, they should book you on some other airline to make it work for you.

Guess that's another reason I don't plan that far in advance, not that I can be that organized anyway...but can't imagine being able to plan that far out

houston
Level Contributor
111 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware United Airlines

We got those tickets that far in advance because it was the start of spring break and we were afraid we couldn't get tickets if we waited.

but it gets better. We're going back in May - just looked at the reservations and we went from an embrarer jet to an a320. Even thought the Embrarer's don't have first class, we were in row 2. Now we're in row 25. No email or nothing. Just checked the reservation and found this out.

Gotta love United. Wish Continental was still around.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware United Airlines

All airlines change equipment and planes from time to time and seats are never guaranteed. You should be checking your reservation often and then if you notice it right away you will have a better chance of getting decent seats. It's unfortunate, but seat selections are really just requests and it happens all the time with all airlines (even if you've paid for them). Best to keep up on your booking. They do not notify for seat selection changes. (I never knew Continental to either).

Edited: 24 March 2014, 22:49
victoria, bc
Level Contributor
205 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware United Airlines

No way, no how can they do that!

If you want to change a seat or a flight time, get your wallet out. $75 - $100 per ticket plus any additional fees if the tickets have gone up in price.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,870 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware United Airlines

It isn't just UA, all carriers can and do make changes, and oft times your seats don't get re-assigned. It is a PITA, but it isn't new. It is all part of travel, sadly. We pay the prices in more ways than one :(

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware United Airlines

Unfortunately they are all the same on most policies. At least Southwest will let you do standby at no cost. I wish I could fly them more.

Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware United Airlines

Southwest should be flying direct by the end is the year!!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware United Airlines

US Air did this to us the last 3 times back from Cancun. Our seats were not even close to each other all 3 times. Guess we were lucky they took us home.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware United Airlines

The other Airlines (4 are left) are just the same...Seat assignments are not guaranteed. You'd think another airline would do better??...Not anymore...

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware United Airlines

Boy I am learning something.......I can't believe if you paid or used points for first class and they do not have first class in the new plane, then I would expect a refund of $$$ or points.