We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day one - we made it!

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Day one - we made it!

We arrived in paradise yesterday, no thanks to Aero Mexico and their horrible business practices and terrible customer service. Smooth trip from NYC to Atlanta to Cabo.

Very long wait to get thru customs, 45 minutes, they need to staff more people. For a tourist destination a 45 minute wait to get in is not acceptable, that will turn people off and be a negative factor in deciding to visit again.

Smooth ride from airport via Trans Lobo.

Casa Dorada is nice a usual, great night at The Office, perfect weather, awesome full moon and great food!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day one - we made it!

Glad you made it John. Enjoy your trip.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day one - we made it!

also happy you made it...............and customs is sometimes very fast-other times, it can take even longer if a lot of flights arrive close together.............I've had waits longer than 45 mins. at SFO at times............another reason to hope for decent flts. from SMF!

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day one - we made it!

What terminal did you come in? We always come in the new terminal and we get off plane and out the door within 10-15 minutes even with other planes coming in at same time. Now LAX is another story! lol

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day one - we made it!

Thanks all!

We came into terminal 2, first time for us there. Weird thing is delta told us it was terminal 3 , either terminal 3 doesnt exist or that terminal is called 2 and 3. Caused us some confusion and anxiety wondering if we were waiting in right spot for Arturo.

Wondering if Casa Dorada is slipping. Took them forever to bring our bags to room, we had to call twice. Severe shortage of umbrellas at pool. AC in work out room not working. Internet access all screwed up.

Yeah, I know small problems in paradise, but wondering if management changed here or maybe they are having financial problems. Usually a bunch of small things like this are indicative of a bigger problem.

Parker, Colorado...
Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day one - we made it!

Casa Dorada is a nice resort with a awesome location but everything else is terrible. They are constantly trying to get you to go to their owners meeting with sneaky tactics. Their service is terrible unless you tip them quite heavily and they have their hands out for just opening a door. I will not let them even touch my luggage anymore because they expect so much. The pool guys have quite the racket going on by expecting you to ask them for a chair and when you do not they give you a hard time. The place just has gotten very greedy with everything that is why we only sleep there and go out all day and evening somewhere else

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day one - we made it!

Nice to hear you're in Paradise egoer ! Forget all the garbage and eat , drink and be merry !!! Not always easy to do when a series of negative events take place but , you are in Cabo ! Hit the beach and forget all about the resort. You have had enough issues just getting there.

Enjoy your day of fishing tomorrow....let us know how it went. My turn next week !!! Cheers !!!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,759 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day one - we made it!

Ya!!! You made it!! Awesome!!!

That is not good that CD has had some kinks..

When you get back or even now... write a post detailing...nicely of course....what your concerns are...

They do read this forum for sure..and pay attention if CD is in the headline...

Go forth and enjoy!!!!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day one - we made it!

Egoer, Glad you made it. I only wish I were in paradise right now. As for the 45 minutes in customs, that is a pain. We've been waltzed right through, and one time stood in line for over 2 hours (with no air-conditioning!)

As for CD, we've never been there, but one of my favorite couples here on TA loves it, so I can only expect your stay to be superb. My thoughts (obviously) differ from Dean B's, but then again...vinegar vs. sugar....

Btw....If Boom-Box shows up with his Polka Music, just throw him in the pool!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day one - we made it!

John, go with what Hew said (other than the boom-box), e.g. no AC in the workout room => Don't workout. Go have a beer. Bad internet service => Don't try to log in. Go fishing. Etc., etc., etc.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day one - we made it!

That is surprising about CD! The time I was able to spend 4 nights there, we had great service........and Lisa, you are lucky if you have always made it through so quickly! I have had mostly great luck also, but there have been times when it has taken forever!!!!!!!!!! in both terminals in fact..........though the worst was in the new terminal-late flights caused a huge back up, from disembarking to finally getting outside.......